WhiteRook on the scene

whiterook

I thought I would take the time to introduce myself to the group here.
I'm Ron Jackson living in Eastern Washington... Grew up in Northern Idaho... a transplant from Anaheim Ca. in the 7th grade.

I've decided it's to easy to kill animals with all the new weapons and scopes. I do enjoy shooting to keep the skills. I shot competition while serving in the 2/11 ACR.. I decided to give animals a chance so I decided to learn to shoot the Bow....

After using fingers and hitting close to zero, a friend of mine told to to purchase a Release... I was at the range and I noticed after my arrows hit the target the arrows were flying off in different directions.... The range officer told me to start using different targets for each flight... I was told I was knocking arrows (hitting tip to knock).

I guess I'll stick to shooting with a camera from now on. I still enjoy long range shooting. We have a 1000 yrd range near by.... I've got a .338 Lapua Magnum... I think I'm good for a 1000 yrds. I guess I'll see next spring :)

Anyway, I'm sure I will learn a lot from the talent here....
Until then.... RW

I thought I would take the time to introduce myself to the group here.
I'm Ron Jackson living in Eastern Washington... Grew up in Northern Idaho... a transplant from Anaheim Ca. in the 7th grade.

I've decided it's to easy to kill animals with all the new weapons and scopes. I do enjoy shooting to keep the skills. I shot competition while serving in the 2/11 ACR.. I decided to give animals a chance so I decided to learn to shoot the Bow....

After using fingers and hitting close to zero, a friend of mine told to to purchase a Release... I was at the range and I noticed after my arrows hit the target the arrows were flying off in different directions.... The range officer told me to start using different targets for each flight... I was told I was knocking arrows (hitting tip to knock).

I guess I'll stick to shooting with a camera from now on. I still enjoy long range shooting. We have a 1000 yrd range near by.... I've got a .338 Lapua Magnum... I think I'm good for a 1000 yrds. I guess I'll see next spring :)

Anyway, I'm sure I will learn a lot from the talent here....
Until then.... RW
Nice to have you on board. I'm pretty positive that many of us who shoot and hunt long range shot bows or still hunt with them. I think that most of us here enjoy the similar challenges that now hunting requires but the perception of what we do and how we do it becomes misconstrued by other hunters who seem to think we take huge chances of crippling game. I remember when I first started bow hunting hearing similar remarks from rifle hunters.
Either way, to be successful takes hours upon hours of practice shooting to hone in your ability to make a clean kill. Additionally, most comadrie is made through practice shooting and events with hunting being a culmination of it. Most of my hunting enjoyment comes from the experience with my friends and family, not the killing of the animal.
Hope you enjoy this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.