Which to buy? black diamond 8x32x50 or tactical elite 6500 4.5x30x50?

Bouieboy

I'm looking to buy new or used black diamond 8x32x50 or the tactical elite 6500 4.5x30x50. It'll go on a custom 300WSM with a 26" krieger barrel. It'll be for hunting and target. I've studied both a little (online), but can't make a decision. Can someone give there opinion on Which is the better choice? Is there an equal scope for the same or less money?

Thanks,
Bouieboy

Last edited:
I've had both scopes. I got rid of them both,BLACK Diamond and the Elite 6500 both were fuzzy in the middle exactly enough to kick my self for buying them. I've also had a VX-111 8.5x25x50 it was better then both but not by much. I have a Sightron S3 8x32x56mm its glass is better IMO then all 3. Now for the monkey wrench . Just received my Weaver 3x15x50 FFP Tactical Mil MIl scope and its glass is better then the Sightron S3. Its a work of art and they're going for $750.00 they also have a 4x20x50 I don't know how much that is,I'd take a hard look at what I have if I were you. I just got back from shooting mine for 1st time. That glass is so pristine I'd wouldn't hesitate to sight on a deer or bigger 600 to 800 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.