Which scope rail for a Rem Mod 7?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Alfred Crouch, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Alfred Crouch

Alfred Crouch Well-Known Member

Want a rail for mounting a scope on a Rem Mod 7. What would you suggest? I do not know anything about the subject. Thanks for any and all input. My current 2 piece Leupy mounts puts the scope to far back. It hits the head from recoil every once in a while ... even when consciously allowing all the space I can. I think a rail will allow me to move the scope forward more. It is on a 7 mm SAUM.

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Well-Known Member

3. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

+1 for the EGW, and try and make a conscious effort to hold your head square to the scope. If you tip your head in at all, you will get smacked. That is something I have to think about every once in awhile.

Tank

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I believe that there is a long list of us who will not buy another EGW. That list is down in the optics section of the forum.

5. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

What were the complaints? I have had nothing but good things to say about mine!

Tank

6. Alfred Crouch

Alfred Crouch Well-Known Member

Well ..... Buffalobob ..... If not EGW what rail would you use? Your input is greatly appreciated.

7. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

8. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Near makes good stuff but imho are just a bit to proud of them. My egw base works great. Bought the 20moa base and it brought my zero down 20.25 moa. I went with a less expensive mount so I could swing the mk4 rings. I am very happy with this setup.