Which scope for my new 6,5x55?

trazman

Hello everyone, I am planning to get a new scope but I dont know which. The main purpose is long range hunting and target shooting up to 1km. This rifle wil be also used for stalking so a variable with low power (appx 3x) is welcome. I was planning to get the zeiss V8 2.8-20x56 but only hunting reticles are available ant is only has 10mrad of adjustment... Other options?

What bullet will you be shooting and at what muzzle velocity? That will help determine how much adjustment you are going to need to have available in your scope.

It is also difficult to answer your question without knowing what scopes are available where you live, what they will cost you, and how much you have budgeted for your scope. How big do you want your objective to be? Do you require an illuminated reticle?

You won't be able to buy from this vendor, but would something like this work for you? I am thinking it may be available where you live and at a reasonable price:

Valdada IOR Long Range Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 50mm Side

Thanks benchracer, I have come to the conclusion that one of thi 2 will be my choice:

Zeiss Victory V8 2,8-20x56 with ASV or
Schmidt Bender 3-20 PMII ultra short.

Zeiss is probably second choice because of its hunting reticle, but I have to see the S&B reticle how it is on the lowest power. On the 3-27 model you can hardly see the reticle on 3x magnification...

I will shoot 140 hybrid bergers at long range, for hunting I will use something else, but the rifle will be zeroed with bergers at 100m... I hope to get the velocity arround 860m/s, but I will be at the limit with 10mils at 1000m...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.