which rings?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by rangerxp, May 17, 2007.

1. rangerxp

rangerxp Member

Hi all, just wondering which rings you guys thought would be good for my Rem. 700 sps with a Leopold VX-III 6.5-24x. I'll be shooting out to about 1000 yards. Also, should I get a 40mm or 50mm tube? Thanks in advance.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Burris Signature with 20moa inserts will alow you to get enough come ups and still have the scope internals somewhat centered.

3. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

x2 on the Burris Signature. I have them on double dovetail bases. I have a .020 in the back and I can just barely zero at 100 yards. That leaves nearly all the adjustment in the scope for elevation. Cheaper than a tapered base and won't mess up your scope. Couldn't be happier.

4. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

For long range shooting, you can't beat Ken Farrell rings and mount, and you can get up to 20 moa elevation. Not cheap but the best never is.

5. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Glen Seekins rings and bases are secound to NONE and are priced slightly below the Nighforce,Badger,etc and offer 4 or 6 screw rings with a neater profile....

Check them out;

www.Seekinsprecsion.com

6. TPS_Phil

TPS_Phil New Member

7. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

You do really sound like a happy man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Good choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif