Which rifle, to get. Christensen, kimber Montana, bergara premier highlander

But know its a Savage... Not a fan. Not saying they cant shoot, I just don't like that action.
Will they if you throw a mcmillan stock on it? I am just saying, lots of guys are building customs off of their actions. They are even building them with proof barrels...crazy stuff. Savage just saved them the cost of a gunsmith...

This is exactly what you hear about Christensen....no first hand experience, but willing to voice a negative opinion because he "heard" something bad about them...

I have shot several of their carbon fiber barrels and they are excellent.

I,as well as 2 of my friends all have Christensen's. They all shoot half to 3/4 MOA with factory ammo.

Funny how it's always "I heard they aren't good"

Here are my 30 Nosler handloads out of my CA Ridgeline, carbon barrel and all.

Attachments

• 1B9E06DA-67E5-4B08-AC68-0401860CEF91.jpeg
    1B9E06DA-67E5-4B08-AC68-0401860CEF91.jpeg
    974.3 KB · Views: 124
My Christensen Mesa in 7mag shoots 1/2 moa. Poor boys custom rifle. Looks just like the real thing. Hahaha

I would stay away from Kimbers.Too many problems.Barrett Fieldcraft has no issues.I have a B14 and for the price they are great.You might as well buy a 7MM Rem Mag.280AI is close in the lighter weight bullets,but 150 grain and up the 7 Mag is King.Don`t believe all the badmouthing that belted Mags get.JMHO,Huntz

Trued r700 long action form north land shooting supply- $475. criterion remage prefit barrel- $370. Garyboe terrain- $399. Garyboe m5 bottom metal-$160. Trigger tech primary- $145. Barrel nut-$25. =$1579. And the r700 comes with the factory trigger. Ad some shipping on that and your under 2k. Don't like barrel nut? Ad $300 for a gunsmith putting it on. Want a chassis? KRG bravo instead of the terrain =$425 and no need for bottom metal as it already has that in it.

Last edited:
Buragra HMR-PRO in the 300 WM @ 100 yds. Small bore target reduced for 50' shot @100 YDS. Long pipe, Break, and Smoooooth as Butter to work the bolt! Recoil like a 243! 10 1/2 lbs with a VX111 4.5X 14 X 50 glass. $1500. For the Gun and Scope was $175.00 used! Oh, loads were 180 SST H-1000 @ 81 Gr. CCI LR MAG PRIMERS Winchester Brass. Not quite 100 rounds down range "Yet"!
CD6CF7EF-8F4E-4926-915F-236FE39F04EC.jpeg

From those listed I've only had Kimber. 2 shot sub moa and one was a 1.5 minute gun at best. 2 out of 3 for factory guns is pretty good. I've had 5 Coopers, still have 2 and another on order. They've all been half minute or better rifles, and they look good, even their synthetics. For my money they are the best value I've found.

I bought a used Weatherby Ultra Light Rifle ,in .270 Win ,from Gander Mtn. about 10 years ago. It has a 24 inch Krieger Barrel. It's Based on a lightened up .240 Weatherby Mag action. Weighs 5 and 3/4 pounds, shoots really well. Put a Leupold vx 3 2.5 to 8 on it. It quickly became my favorite deer rifle. Its worth a look, as is the Kimber.

Take a look at the seekins havak ph2. They're retail for 1800$ but it's fairly easy to find a 25-35% off cert on these forums. I picked one up for 25$, will save me over 500$ on the rifle. I purchased a used one last year for my dad in 6.5 prc, Shoots half moa with factory ammo. I will be buying on for myself or nephew with the discount code. The action is a bit rough at first but after 150 rounds of barrel break in, it smoothens up a lot. They have rock creek barrels, carbon stock, timney elitettrigger, lot of rifle for the money.

I own three Kimbers and enjoy them all. The least expensive, a Kimber Hunter in .257 Roberts, has become my favorite 'walking' rifle. All are shooters, and have component and stock fit and function to rival most semi-custom guns. Just ordered a .280 AI in the Sub-Alpine version. My experience has been good with Kimber....

I would give Wolf precision a look, listen to there pod cast email mail them or call them and Jamie will call you back personally. You will be getting the best barrel, chassis, action, trigger, that money can buy for half the cost of the Big Boys and will out shoot them all.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.