Which recoil pad do I want?

Duff

I have an older ADL stock that I'm going to put on a .270. I want to shorten the length of pull and figured I'd replace the plastic butt plate on it with a grind to fit Decelerator (sp?). I have heard the Limbsavers are good, but don't grind down as nice as others (too soft and gummy?) Anyway, do I want an "Old English" pad or a standard Decelerator? the old English is more rounded then the normal one. Any thoughts?

look at kick eez pads, I know they grind down great and they absorb a ton of recoil. It is all we use to grind on here.

Good Luck
Steve

Limbsavers grind down OK if you have the right equipment. Best pad out there for recoil, also many pre-fit models.. If recoil not a problem, then go with either of your other choices.

I also vote for the Limbsaver pre fit pads. I have one on both my 300wby and 375 H&H. It's a world of difference.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.