Sticky Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 700man, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 700man

700man Well-Known Member

My pachaymer decelerator recoil pad is sticky. When I go to mount it to my shoulder, it will catch on my shirt. I have tried putting armor all on it but it is still tacky.
    Does anyone know of anything I can put on it, so it will not catch on my shirt or jacket?

2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

When you say sticky, was it sticky when it was brand new? Do you mean like lolli-pop sticky?

3. 700man

700man Well-Known Member

It catches on my shirt when I mount the gun to my shoulder.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

OK so I'm assuming it's not sticky like something got on it or the pads breaking down. Normally what I do is wear a not so loose fitting shirt that's thicker and stiffer when I shoot so I'm really not bothered by it. Other than that maybe putting something like painter tape (removes easily w/no residue left behind)on the pad or cover of some sort but, to me I would think it might tend to then slip around in your shoulder.

5. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Probably need a shorter length of pull, or less clothing. Not much a guy can do to ''slick'' it up.

6. 700man

700man Well-Known Member

I guess iIam just trying to find a way to make it a little slicker. Thanks for the help.