Which pocket PC ??

Tikka Lover

Official LRH SPONSOR
I am going to be buying one here real soon and am wondering which ones most of you use and why?

I can get a Dell Axim X50 for about $50 on Ebay, seems pretty good. Anyone had any problems with one?

Thanks for the input fellers :cool:

I use a Dell Axim X30 that I bought off Ebay and added the heavy duty battery. Never has given me a bit of trouble. Does everything I want and runs all of the Windows stuff if you need it.

I've had poor luck with them. I bought a 50 first. I dropped it from a foot off the ground and cracked the screen. Next, I bought the 30. The battery failed immediately. Just my bad luck, but I am looking for something more rugged.

I have been looking at phones lately. Seems they are built more rugged with better battery life.

I use a Dell Axim X51V. So far so good. Works well and no complaints. I also purchased the oversized battery. Never used any other PPC so no experience to compare it to anything else.

Anyone use any of the HP offerings? Seem similar to the Dell in price and memory, wondering if it might be more rugged.
Thanks for the suggestions so far

Hey fellas I was wandering if any of y'all have heard anything about the aps for the I-phone. I recently bought the Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition. Used it out to 600yds and it was dead on using the g5 drag model. If any of y'all have experience with this or have likes or dislikes I would like to here them.

Thanks
Nathan

Hey fellas I was wandering if any of y'all have heard anything about the aps for the I-phone. I recently bought the Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition. Used it out to 600yds and it was dead on using the g5 drag model. If any of y'all have experience with this or have likes or dislikes I would like to here them.

Thanks
Nathan

I have the I pod version on my I pod touch and it does work well. I started using it over in the box and now I use it here at home with my hunting and shooting rifles. I'm sure it's probably missing something that the more expensive wiz bang ones have but its simple and it works. I put mine in a i1010 pelican case built for i pods and its a great combo. As long as its in the case you won't break it. Trust me I put it through the trial. I read in the Army Times the other day that the U.S. Army is now seriously considering this setup for broader distrobution to its operators.

Can you run loadbase or nightforce on I POD TOUCH? I am computer illeterate:)

To my knowledge the only program available for the i pod is the Balistic: Field Tactical Edition Application that can be bought from i tunes. I don't remimber what it cost, but it was less than $5. Another good thing for the i pod are the predator calling apps I recently found. I bought a Radio Shack amplifyer that plugs into the i pod and allows me to play a wide variety of calls from my i pod.

talk to bryan litz just installed his ballistic program on a texas instrument ti graphing calculator its tough and u can use it for homework in the field also. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.