Which of you LRH regulars own / work in a hunting store?

Brown Dog

You've probably noticed the odd Brit winge here about 'rip-off' Britain.

Here's an example. Just decided I would by a Mad Dog Silent Shadow Parka.

UK Retail Price £119
US Retail Price $119

all that's been changed is the sign, $ to £.

Thus the Brit price is actually $211 .
Where you chaps are paying $119.

For no reason other than 'rip-off' by the importer.

There's an opportunity here for anyone prepared to ship mail order to the UK!

....stick your toe in the water by selling to us Brit LRH regulars!

If any of you would be happy to take telephone visa orders and ship to the UK, please post your details!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had edited the original post to say " before anyone says try Cabelas..." but deleted it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For foreign orders, Cabelas charge $35 minimum shipping (regardless of package weight) or 40% of the package value....so for my example coat, Cabela's would charge $47 shipping (!!) when their actual cost would be nearer $17 .....not clear why they expect me to pay an additional $30!! ....they get in on the rip-off act too I think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

...thanks for the idea though!

Come on, there must be a bunch of you working in hunting stores out there!

Matt stop wingeing and ask uncle Pete.
I know very well that it is common practice to pay the same number in the UK with a pound sign as you would in the US with a dollar sign.
as a consumer it used to bug the hell out of me.
which is why, if you check out my retail prices you will find they are as close to the $ prices as can be, which usualy means swapping the $ for the Euro, which means a price increase of about 20% . but that covers import and shipping. abd is less than the import you would have to pay if self importing.
My custom rifles and riflsmithing services are basicaly on line with what would be charged in the USA. and not double it as in the case of PRS that we discussed per email yesterday.
It isn'ty possible for me to import everything available and sell it at about the same rate, plus import as the USA, in which case i tell them, import it your self. on the case of european optics, i can do the good deals going the other way across the atlantic.
your cheap german ammo is on its way. by the way..
the problem is that the amount of retail in the US makes the guntrade in the UK look like a drop in the ocean,which means higher prices.
i hope ive found a niche market and a nice little earner at fair prices some where in the middle,,
cheers mate Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.