Which of these build ideas make financial sense to y'all?

Nah, single shot it is ;)

I hunt just south of you in Wayne county and some times we have to shoot them running across the fields and pasteurs. I have two single shots and one repeater. When the bucks are moving quickly in the fields (aggressively chasing does), I alway shoot the repeater. I was very glad I had a repeater in Missouri several years ago as a gust of wind at the time of the shot moved the impact point and I had to shoot a second shot on the run.

If you are going to build one, get the custom action. Otherwise, why not get a sendero in 300RUM and tune on it a little. At least that way you could make sure you like the caliber prior to a barrel change. We have had great luck with them in the past. Every factory sendero shot under .375 with tuned factory ammo.

My $.02.

James

I bought one a month ago, 300 RUM and paid $1,100.00. They seemed a little scarce at the time. I can't tell you how it shoots. It was promptly sent to Shawn for a break, bedding, trigger job and a cheek piece.

Mike

Just curious, but what can I expect to pay for a new Sendero?

I have been watching them every day for about two years. Most new ones will run 850 to 1100 depending on the caliber. Used ones will run 500 to 800 usually. My Sendero Special 300 win mag was under 600 and that was with a brake installed.

Send me your email and when I find some in the caliber you are seeking, I will forward the information to you.

James

I just got lucky that the gent who owned it did not know how to clean it properly. After I mined all the fouling out, it shot like a dream.

I will drop you a line when I find one.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.