which night vision scope ? ATN

reed mosser

Hi I am looking for night scope for coyote hunting out to 100 to 150 yards at night. I will be putting the scope on a 223 . I think first generation will be fine for what I using it for. The only problem is that I don't know anything about nightvision. I was looking at the ATN 390 First gen. I was wondering what you do when these things break after the warrantys up. any info would be appreciated. I need all the help I can get before making a purchase

Hi I am looking for night scope for coyote hunting out to 100 to 150 yards at night. I will be putting the scope on a 223 . I think first generation will be fine for what I using it for. The only problem is that I don't know anything about nightvision. I was looking at the ATN 390 First gen. I was wondering what you do when these things break after the warrantys up. any info would be appreciated. I need all the help I can get before making a purchase

May I suggest you save your "doe ray me" and start with 3G equipment. Try www.night-optics.com . The ATN/PS 22 scope attachment(600 yards) and the ATN/PVS 7 goggles work extremely well under most conditions.

second gen should do the job and in my honest opinion the gain from first to second gen justifies the expense easily but the gain from 2 to 3 not so much but more is always better if you can afford it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.