Which Harris bipod model do you use?

This aint gonna help you much Len but here it is.
6-9
S
Notched
6-9
s
Frictioned

9-13
S
friction

and 2
13-27
S
friction.

Off the hood of the truck,bench very low groundcover the 6-9s get the call. Most prairie dogs are shot with a 6-9 bipod on the gun.
The 9-13s get used for general huntin........If I could have only one size this would be it.
The 13-27s get used in high grass and sage.

The important thing is they say Harris on them(the cheap imitations just dont cut it!!) and they MUST be the swivel models. The Notches work but I prefer the friction models.

My choices are due to money, mainly.

I have a couple of 6-9
friction
non-s.

I have a couple 9-13
friction
non-s.

I would rather use the 6-9, but the grass sometimes dictates the longer.I would like to try the notch and swivel. Maybe I will be able to trade into one soon.

Way late to the party here but I typically run a Harris 6-9 S with notched legs because I like to get as low as possible. I have experienced the same issue as Broz and won't set them lower than the first notch. I am also getting ready to buy a 13-27S that will accompany me in the field and both will have QD mounts so I can choose the bipod I want based on the situation.

9-13" swivel w/ notched legs and swivel lock lever.

Seems to be the most universal for my needs.
Legs quickly deploy due to spring tension pushing leg out.
Notches make one hand adjustment quick and easy.
Swivel allows for quick cant adjustments as bipod settles into the ground.
9" height can be lowered in most field settings by digging legs into ground.
13" will get over most things if you are prone. Any higher and you're into alternate shooting positions.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.