Which grease for box trigger mechanism?

elmerdeer

I took apart my Sauer 202 box trigger and it was full of this sticky grease inside, it was eveywhere. There are alot of moving parts to it, so now that I finshed polishing the parts I want to know what is the best grease to put in there, and should I put as much as the manufacturer put in there? Or should I use something else? I will be hunting in temperatures fron 5 to -25 degrees so i would be looking for a grease that will not seize up in cold temps. What is the best method for doing this?
Thanks
Elmer

In temps that cold you better make sure that the grease or oil that you use won't get gummy of freeze otherwise you'll be in deep poo-poo. I like to burnish all the internal parts with moly paste then wipe dry leaving only the mony that has been worked into the metal , then I use Sentry Solutions on all my triggers , I don't think its affectedby temp down to likle -100 degs

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.