Which Foxpro Call

Aussie Whistler.....I have used a Jack Rabbit in Distress mouth call and had 2 Female Coyotes come in...I shot the first one then continued calling and the second Female came running in a few yards from the first one and I shot her too!You don't have that happen very often but is does if they run in a Pack of several together.

The Electronic Callers work really well and You can set them out away in front of You while running the Caller with a remote and You can also set out a motion decoy to draw the attention of the Predators to it when they hear the Distress sounds.Whats really nice is You can add several sounds that will specifically draw Foxes in to the Caller and You can add many different Birds,Rabbits,Chickens and Crows to the Caller to draw Foxes,Bobcats,Coyotes or any type of Predator local to Your area!

I have mostly mouth calls and plan on buying the Shockwave E-caller in the future...I also have a full size Flambeau Coyote Decoy to set out and a Jack Attack motion Decoy that works really well and runs off a hand-held remote control also!Its amazing at all the Cool types of decoys we have available to Us here in the USA.

A cheap and in-expensive decoy to buy or make is a Feather Distractor,I believe its Hunters Specialties that makes the black plastic foldable one I have or You can simply get a nice straight stick or dowel rod and tie a short string to the top of it and put a light weight feather on the end and stick it in the ground to blow in the wind...it catches the eyes of a Fox or other Predator and keeps their attention so You can get a good shot at them.

GTOHunter, Pretty cool how you have all those different calls and a lure on remote. I saw a battery operated lure at the shot show last year it was a Chinesey thing of poor quality. The one and only I've ever seen.

A mate manages a 13,000 acre sheep station and we're both mad fox whistlers. We are quite primitive in regards to our calls though. We used to make our own but a gentleman in the north of our state makes Silva Fox Whistles which pull foxes and feral cats like a magnet so now that's what we use. We often call pairs and trios are common. Last Sunday we whistled four from one spot, two came in together and two singles a couple of minutes later. We shot three and I missed one 'cause I was day dreaming. We moved on a bit and shot two more. All up we shot five and called eight. A fairly typical session. We've chalked 28 on the board this year in five afternoon sessions. We don't try too hard and laugh alot especially when one of us misses a shot. We usually set off at around 14:00 and hunt till we loose the light, loose interest or get thirsty. Ah,ha ha ha.

If you like, Google: Silva Fox Whistles and once on the site have a look at the video clips, in particular one titled "We've got to get out of this place" I'm sure you will be surprised as to how well our whistles work and I cant help but think they'd work equally well on coyote. Anyhow, have a look and let me know what you think.

I have the Foxpro Wildfire 2. Sounds was adequate but I chose to buy the SP55 external speaker and it made a huge difference. Wildfire 2 is around $200. The higher end models get really expensive in my opinion.

All of the foxpro models work great. Pick the one that fits your needs and you should be happy. If you try to save money you may wish later that hadn't. I have used nearly all of them. And my favorites are the CS-24, Fury and i haven't used the shockwave yet but i tomorrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.