Which bow

bamadawg2009

Well Im in the market again for a new bow and I have narrowed my selection down to a PSE Omen or EVO anybody have suggestions or first hand knowledge.

I have shot a Mathews DXT since 2009 and just have the wants now. I like the DXTs short axle to axle and smooth feel but want something faster. Im shooting 70#s with 350spine arrows and 100 gr muzzys getting a little over 300fps. I really want the speed of the Omen but just dont know if a bow that fast will be as forgiving as my DXT.

My vote would be the EVO for hunting. The Omen is impressive with it's speed and the one I shot had a pretty nice draw for a speed bow. When I shot the EVO there was a huge difference in draw cycle and valley. Very smooth, easy to hold, and a solid back wall. If your shooting form is solid, you would probably get along just fine with the short brace height of the Omen. I tend to get into awkward shooting positions when I'm hunting so for me, it would be the EVO with a longer, more forgiving brace height. I got a bad case of the wants this year too! I'm looking at the Elite Answer, Bowtech Invasion, and the Hoyt Vector 32.

I just picked up a Mathews Monster MR7 about 3-4 weeks ago. I'm pretty impressed with this bow.

Fast, quiet, and zero hand shock.

If I do my part, it's as accurate as my old Mathews Ovation.

Regards,
Rog

Thanks fellas for the advice. As of rite now it looks like Im stuck with my DXT for another year, my buddy that was suppose to buy it turned around and bought the exact bow I wanted in the EVO so for this year Im stuck, maybe next year after I build my 6.5-284.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.