Which 6mm for coworker's new rifle

With the 6mm Remington down the road, you might look at the 6mm Remington AI... is a really nice cartridge... https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/gunweek042/

I do have experience with the .243 WSSM and found it to be an outstanding 6mm, I was using it in LR 1k matches out of a custom Mod 70 photos. I think it would be great in a sporting rifle, never could understand why it didn't get more love.

243 WSSM 004.jpg
243 WSSM 001.jpg

Is there good brass for the 6mm?
I don't believe there is enough 6mm Rem demand to interest the top quality brass makers. Mostly Remington and Hornady. I have 17 firings on my current batch of Remington brass and primer pockets are still tight. I'm getting 3856 fps with the 70 HH and 4199 fps with the 55 HH from a 26" 10 twist barrel.

All give great choices I recomend checking out your local gun ranges that may offer each of the rifles in a rental a small fee so you and your children can see which one they perfer as you watch you will see there reaction as they fire each rifle then you will know the right choice to make for your family.

I still remember the first time I shot a high powered rifle. I believe it was a 6.5 Swede. It was the noise that blew me away. Of course I didn't have hearing protection back then. If he's got the money, I'd recommend a suppressor.

I wish I'd had a 6mm Creed back when I was hunting Coues deer in AZ.

Recent Posts