Where to post New Mexico private land tags for sale?

Jonoton

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Thank you for your advice,

Jon

Luckily, the landowner I buy my NM pronghorn tag is following your suit and keeping the tags numbers they will allow on their ranch to what they were given in the past. If it were a free-for-all, this would be my last year.

I would think sites like this, www.longrangeonly.com www.coueswhitetail.com www.snipershide.com etc. would be great starts.

I am leery to buy tags off Craigslist personally.

Don't post them for sale, just send them to me lol. Didn't draw nothing this year and would love to kill something lol. You know I am on a good bit of forums and rarely ever see tags for sale but again most of them are gun/shooting forums. Craigslist is the only place I consistently see tags for sale and you are correct there are a lot of scammers. The tags I have bought that were land owner were normally just for tag and rights to hunt private land and the rest was on me which is fine to keep cost down. But there are many people with plenty of money that like the turn key hunt as well. You can try to list them on here under the other stuff for sale forum it seems to get some descent traffic.

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Jon
Don't send them to Remmy700 he kikes to kill things gave the to someone who likes to harvest an animal

I would consider placing an ad in both the Roswell Daily Record and the Albuquerque Journal....if your looking for big $$$ for the tags, and you have possibly record book bucks, advertise in the Dallas/Fort Worth papers.....I would advise you spell out the details in the ad, as you don't want used outboard motors !!! I am happy and sad the game dept allows unlimited tags for sale. I attended a Game and Fish meeting about this year's ago, and still don't understand why the NMGFD is letting the ranchers do what the game wardens are trained and receive pay checks to do....control the carrying capacity of the unit....NOT that there aren't a lot of people that will do as you do, and be responsible, but we all know that some will sell 100 tags for 10 animals on there land....I've know some real unscrupulous outfitters in this area, one here in Roswell.....Thank you for keeping the quota, and population stable, and caring for the sport...rsbhunter

Well, I'd love to help you guys out. I got drawn for a bull elk in the Gila unit 16B, 22. It was supposed to be for a group hunt but my friend did not get drawn because we didn't check or do something in the application. So our whole trip kind of fell through. I tried to give the tag back or donate to wounded warriors, youth or ladies hunt but the NMTPW said the only option is to use it myself or just blow off the hunt. I can take a guest with me but only I can pull the trigger and truth be told, I was just going along with my bro, so not really mad at 'em. Just got back from Africa and have several other hunts scheduled this season...Never thought I'd ever hear myself say this...but I just have too much hunting goin' on to squeeze this one in...and be by myself...doh!

Hello,

Jon
Hi I'm new to the forum but I'm looking for a N M elk land owner tag for sure never got drawn here in Az. Any info wood be great, hope I'm not doing anything wrong on the site

This is the reason I bought land in Colorado, I live in New Mexico, but I saw the handwriting on the wall years ago. This state rates at the bottom of the lists for good things, and first for the bad things....The news 2 days ago stated it is 51st (Puerto Rico beat us) worst for education, usually 1st_3rd poorest state,etc., etc. It's not a big deal to hunt out of state anymore, and it's better than not getting drawn, or spending money in state and having a so-so hunt....hope it works out for the state, but ......rsbhunter

Hello,

Jon
Pete Davis will take care of you he has a couple of ranches in that area that he has the tags for. his number is 928-462-4027

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

Seriously, my son and I intend to go out west for elk somewhere in the near future. I will pm you my information if you don't mind.

Dennis Sculley

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.