Where to get 50bmg projectiles is AUS?

Aus50bmg

As the titles says im trying to find .510cal projectiles for my 50bmg from sellers in Australia. Can anyone help me out? Specifically after Hornady A-max's if possible, but will appreciate info on where to get any brands. Preferably somewhere that sells boxes( so i can get them at a decent price). Also does anyone know what the procedure is to be able to import some from America? Thank you, Aus50bmg.gun)

Hello 50!

I'm envious because in queensland we cannot have a .50 cal. But as for where you can get projectiles try

Home <-- This link is to Predator Projectiles, they CNC lathe the projectiles for high BC's
http://www.thalesgroup.com.au/pdfs/50calballf1ammo.pdf, ADI make these, which I imagine you could order through your local gun store.
Magnum Sports*::*Reloading*::*Projectiles*::*Hornady Handgun Bullets*::*XTP/XTP-MAG Bullets*::*50 Cal - A-Max projectiles
Forbes Wholesale Pty Ltd, these guys sell .50 BMG primers and hopefully could get the other gear.
Horsley Park Gun Shop - these guys stock the reloading presses
Hope this is helpful, most gun stores should stock it or get it in...if they are a good store,

Cheers,

CZ

A-MAX projectiles are available from BMT in Melbourne, 03 9646 4211, ask for Ben. He is also producing match grade .50 BMG ammo in packs of ten (10) using the Hornady A-Max. He can supply full ballistic data on loaded ammo. Ammo based on fully prepared brass.

BMT are also currently producing .416 Barrett ammo for the McMillan LHR 416 soon to be hitting our shores!!!!! Design is based on the famous TAC 50.

As the titles says im trying to find .510cal projectiles for my 50bmg from sellers in Australia. Can anyone help me out? Specifically after Hornady A-max's if possible, but will appreciate info on where to get any brands. Preferably somewhere that sells boxes( so i can get them at a decent price). Also does anyone know what the procedure is to be able to import some from America? Thank you, Aus50bmg.gun)
Does Woodleigh do .510cal for 50 bmg?
Woodleigh Bullets
Regards,
btm_54

Hi there,

I have a suggestion for you. I can obtain GS Custom 720gr target projectiles in .50 calibre. These are a CNC lathe turned solid copper projectile with a BC of .917. They are a South African made projectile, have 4 or 5 boxes of 25 for sale.

These are a target bullet only, and not designed to expand.

I am from Auckland, and can supply.

GS CUSTOM BULLETS - SP LONG RANGE BULLETS

You can email me at: [email protected] if you would like to discuss.

Regards,

Michael.

Woodleigh make some .510" bullets for the Nitro rifles.
They have some in 600 grain protected point, soft points that should make a pig sick. Or anything else for that matter.
Designed for impact velocity of 2200 fps.

Howdy Fellow 50 shooter, yeah, Woodleigh do a 570gn RNSP, I have had good accuracy in the BMG but drop like a brick past 500m. They are very hard, passing almost through a donkey @ 350m, they stop camels in their tracks though! Straight through goats @ 350-400m!

Speer do a FMJ 650gn, also try Bertram, he does a 750gn FBHP. A-Max's are expensive & heavy.

Good hunting,

Mater Blaster.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.