Where are you sourcing/buying your action from?

I've decided I will be building my first custom rifle this year with the help of a machinist buddy of mine as needed. I'd like to do a mid weight 7WSM but due to lack of brass I think a 280AI slinging absolute hammers will suffice for deer and hopefully an elk at some point. I am torn between a nitrided Defiance Ruckus in the GA Hunter pattern, AnTiX or the Lone Peak Fuzion with alpine cut. I'm open to suggestions to other actions that have pre fit barrel options and have factory inletting from Manners or McMillan. I've searched around the internet but have found the items I'm interested in are out of stock. Where are you guys buying your actions? This is all new to me so please educate me. I'm open to suggestions, recommendations and constructive criticism of my plan. Thanks in advance.
Try K &S Arms, Edmonton, Alberta...they ship to many countries and make a top notch product....talk to Mike!

That's really good information, thanks for your input. The more and more I research and get input from folks the less excited I am about Defiance. Which in a way is good. I'd hate to drop the coin and be disappointed. Ideally I'll keep the cost under 1500$ for the action. I have a lot to learn about actions and all that comes with choosing one.
I am not sure if you have decided yet, but I value a reputable gunsmith's opinion.
Defiance is an excellent action. Some of them dont have a guaranteed hs, which really is not a big deal unless doing prefits. Putting a prefit on a custom action doesnt make sense to me anyhow, Id put the money into the barrel first then the action. But thats my opinion. Defiance actions are in the top tier for straightness and ignition. The shrouds are fit extremely well, usually I get less ignition drag from them than most. Spring and pin fall are correct for top accuracy. Others mentioned here are short on both. Defiance offers different bolt fits. You have options. In the top 3 of actions for me.
As @shortgrass says, "the Interdnet is not the best source of information" or something like that. L😇L!

Recent Posts