Whats your #1 choice for case lube ....

41mag

I have been at this quite a while and have used just about all of it. For most of my small batches, 1 or 2 boxes, or working up loads, I generally use RCBS lube on a ink pad, however when I get fired up for a bulk loading I use the Lyman Quick spray and do up to 100 or more at a time.

I was just curious as to what some of you use and how you go about doing up a big batch of cases.

Thanks,

Mike,
once you try Imperial Sizing die wax your search will be over ,get it through sinclair,redding orE-Zway systems.
I tried every lube on the market and this is the best.
UB

That's easy!

Imperial!

As far as doing a big batch, I like to handle my brass once and only once. I run my fingers through the tin of Imperial and sort of lube up my fingers and hands. What the heck, you get lube on your hands anyway. I then pick up one to several peices of brass. I use either of the following depending upon my mood. I either roll the brass back and forth in my hands like I were warming my hands or I just roll one at a time in between left thumb and index/middle finger. If I use the 2nd method, my right hand is inserting the brass into the shell holder and operating the press handle. Either way it gets enough lube (Imperial goes a loooonnng way) on the brass. In addition, either just before or after I "roll" the brass I simply scape the mouth of the case across my palm or a finger to simply get a smidgen of lube in the case mouth.

I can do batches of .223 which run into the thousands or my 200-300 30-06 cases with out even breaking a sweat. I've done this using my Dillon 550 and just letting the cases make their run around and fall into the catch bin.

Big Al

I have used RCBS spray lube, Hornady one shot, and Midway USA spray lube (Frankford Arsenal). I use the RCBS bottle lube for the necks. All have worked fine. I like the Midway one because not aersol spray. The Hornady is a bit drier to handle.

All need to be removed after so a bit of a pain if doing large batches. I don't like tumbling as that might just knock the necks out of whack.

For neck sizing, I no longer lube as I use the Lee Collet neck die. Would be my choice on a progressive for doing large volumes of accurate ammo.

Jerry

Right now I'm loving the hornady one shot.
I have not yet tried imperial sizing wax but will when my current can of one shot runs out.
I will never use rcbs and the lube pad again. I used it for years but not anymore.

I have used the Hornady one shot lube and I like it just fine. It is pretty clean to handle and doesn't cause much mess. I haven't tried anything else so far so you can take that for waht it is worth.

Good Luck
Steve

I grew up with the RCBS goop and pad. I have also used the Hornady and Lyman sprays, and in my opinion, the Hornady is much better(cleaner). The Lyman spray is just plain nasty to me. It has a VERY strong chemical stank to it, but it is quite slick on the cases. After using it I feel the need to tumble brass again to get all the residue off the brass, and to me, that defeats the purpose of it use. Hornady spray wipes of very easily and adds to the beauty of the brass with a mild polished look.

I am always open-minded when it comes to new stuff, and I plan on trying out the Imperial wax. Goodgrouper, does Payson? sporting goods handle this wax too? Maybe I could get it and some Coppermelt from them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Lee Lube in the tube is hard to beat. You can size wet or dry w/ it and it comes off in a snap. One tube is only a couple of bucks and it will last for years as long as you don't get too carried away. It's also water based so it doen't effect powder if alittle is left inside the case.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts