whats some of your state laws

mo

i live in mississippi about 2 yrs. ago state passed a law here and i'm not sure about the date, but i think it's 1879. you can use any single shot rifle that is based off a model before 1879. the cartridge also has to based before 1879 smokeless or black powder.

lots of people shoot the h and r in a 45/70 and i think a 38/70. i personally have the h and r 45/70 my buddy has a browning 45/70 but the cost was way more than my 179.00 h and r. you can also use any type optics you want.

i was just wondering what your state laws are? i think it would be good information for people who want to muzzle load hunt in a different state than they live in.

moe

re

here in pa its muzzlloaders only , flinters , percussion or inlines w/any sight in the oct. season,(doe only).the late season (dec. 26th opener) is flintlock only open sights , no scopes and any deer w/proper tag.

i am from mississippi and also hunt with the 45-70. here are the rules

"Primitive firearms" for the purpose of hunting deer, are defined as single or double barreled muzzle-loading rifles of at least .38 caliber; single shot, breech loading, cartridge rifles (.38 caliber or larger) of a kind and type manufactured prior to 1900, and replicas, reproductions or reintroductions of those type rifles; and single or double-barreled muzzle-loading, shotguns with single ball or slug. All muzzle-loading Primitive Firearms must use black powder or a black powder substitute with either percussion caps or #209 shotgun primers or flintlock ignition. Breech loading single shot rifles must have exposed hammers and use metallic cartridges. Cartridges may be loaded either with black powder or modern smokeless powder. Scopes of any magnification are allowed on primitive weapons. Sidearms are not allowed during primitive weapon season.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.