What type of Bore cleaner?

TrpD345

I know this has probably been discussed alot. What do you guys recommend? Hoppes, Shooters, Butches, or other? Please be specific. Thanks!

Hey JB,
you're getting mellow in your old age /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can remember the time ..... ahhh , nevermind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
GM Top engine cleaner sells for about 6 or 7 bucks a QUART . It will remove carbon as well as copper, Butches Bore Shine is the same makeup as GM TEC with the addition of some color and smell. I have used them both back to back , front to front , sideways ( I'm getting crazy here )and they are identical in performance. So , the big difference is that Butches cost twice as much as the GM TEC.Oh, yeah , the GM TEC comes in a nice , sturdy METAL can , the Butches in a glass bottle that has a crappy top/lid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
As far as the "others" go I have used them and gave them away( some of them pretty expensive)The only other cleaner that I use /have is Barnes CR10 , it will get a little more copper after the GM TEC but that is only if you rush the GM TEC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim Brown

Iossa paste for carbon. Looks like Brylcreame and a little dab will do ya. Follow with Butches or what ever to rinse it and the carbon out

I took Kirby Allen's advice on using WipeOut, and WOW!!! Guns that were "clean" had lots of copper fouling. Below is a site that has the product, and the deliver very quickly. I had mine in 4 days over a weekend. Follow the directions and prepare to be amazed!
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.