What trigger for a Mod 70 CRF

I have a Mod 70 7mm WSM that I want to shoot long range with . What trigger is recommended ? A trigger that will adjust down to 1lb and still function with a safety.
The factory triggers in the new CRF's are very nice triggers.

Just pull out your action and take a lighter to the hot glue they have on there for loctite an get it cleaned off.

Adjust as necessary, then use some blue loctite to lock it back down.

If it's rough then get some 600grit lapping compound and bathe it in the stuff and work the trigger till your fingers are tired. Blow it clean with gunblaster, carb cleaner, whatever is handy, then lube as normal and reinstall.

Should end up with a baby smooth clean breaking trigger to you liking with about 2hrs work or less.

I just went through this with a Model 70 purchased at the end of the year last year. It is still in the process of being converted to a 6.5 - 06 Ackley. The factory trigger is very crisp but the return spring makes the pull heavy. A lighter return spring will make the pull lighter.
Winchester M-70 Hunter Trigger Spring
The other alternatives are a JARD or a Timney replacement. I ordered a JARD and sent it back to JARD and then returned it to Midway where I purchased it. The housing is cast soft aluminum and the pins did not fit. I tried a Timney belonging to another shooter at my club range. The Timney for the MOA is much better than the old Timney for the original Model 70. It was all hairpins and stampings.

I like the JARD replacement for older Model 70s. I have 3 installed. I have a JARD for my Vanguard and it proved a pound lighter than I could adjust the Rifle Basix.

I have not seen a Rifle Basix replacement for the 2011 to current MOA Model 70 trigger. Please reply with a link if you have seen one.

Iron Worker, please post your handloading data. I am going to rebore one of my Model 70 barrels to 7 WSM. I want to use the Berger 180 gr VLD bullets. Please buy a Wilson seating die and bushing size dies.

Now I'm confused . Reviews of the Basix were mostly 5 stars. Shooters had problems with the Jard and a few with Timneys . Basix say it cab be adjusted below 1 lb and still have a working safety..... I've never shot he 180 gr berger VLD. My rifle with 26" Brux bbl 9" twist likes the 162 gr A-max 65.5 grs of Re#22 pushes it at a average 3160 FPS....

Iron Worker.

I still have not seen a Rifle Basix replacement for 2011 or newer Model 70s with the MOA trigger. Is the MOA what you have? The new MOA is a copy of the Jewell, the patent has long ago expired, but it has a heavy return spring. Replace that spring and you can get to a pound.

If you have an older Model 70, you get a "Kit" from Rifle Basix and it utilizes the factory trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.