What the heck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tikkamike, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

So I posted my picture of my 1010 yard buck antelope I shot last weekend and I was pretty much brutally attacked for having no ethics... even though it was legal then I was banned from the site! are they serious? I never cared for the Eastmans before now i cant explain my level of dislike. Their rules say "no disparaging terms" and after I was attacked for a couple days it was deleted and I was banned. I dont see how long range hunting is any riskier than bow hunting... Oh well,,, thought I would vent. Glad we have this place to come to.gun)

2. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

We still love you here Mike!! Sounds childish on the other site to do that.

3. Tikkamike

pretty much every forum I have been on except this one I hate.

4. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

I don't know any of the details, but if you were able to harvest a buck antelope from a distance of 1010 yards in a reasonably humane manner, you're a winner in my book! Congratulations. Have you posted your picture on this Forum. If not, I'd like to see it. Always game for a hunting photo.

5. Tikkamike

6. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

Nice shooting glad to have you here. P!$$ on the other forums!!
    robster

7. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

I figure there just pissed because the neck wasnt a big enough target.The complete animal isnt much wider then the neck anyway ...Ethics ,, bulls---
    that was a great shot.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Mike,

Don't feel bad at all! Have you seen them shoot or try to explain "shooting" techniques on their show, it is a joke. They have more bad placed shots at 100 yards then you will ever have at 1000. Remember, those who can't complain!

9. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

Mike you have to remember that probably over 90% of the guys on the other forums are barely capable of shooting a 4 inch group off a bench at 100 yards; so to them the thought of even attempting something you did is IMPOSSIBLE. In their minds it is unethical because for them it would be!

When my local range finally built a 300 yard setup it was amazing how many people who had shot deer "at 4-500 yards" couldn't even hit a 3 foot square piece of steel from a bench rest.

We all know you put the time into getting ready for your hunt and you were obviously more than capable of making the shot. I loved reading your story and can't wait till I have a set up that will let me make it into the next level of long ranging.

10. Tikkamike

Thanks guys. Its just like they al live in a fairy land where we have to tip toe around trying not to disrespect the animals... I'm all for respecting the animals... but they are just animals

11. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

I love WyoElk2Hunt's reply! He's right! :D

12. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

Great shot,Mike. I'm green with envy. Banning you on the other forum is their loss. Too many folks think that the sun rises and sets with the likes of the Eastman's. You know, they put their pants on one leg at a time....just like everyone else.

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

These people, should realize that they are doing more to damage our sport than the anti's will ever do! Divide and conquer!!! Pick yor challenge and skill set. Spend one hour on this site reading about the intense attention to detail and precision of thought behind the procees of a long range shot and even a novice would conclude that there is a greater chance of a clean kill being made at long range by many here, than those people making a 300 yard kill. I'd put my money on Mike every time! A 60yard shot with a bow was considered unethical in the 70's. It's called technological development. They better wake up!

14. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Mike I've learned over the years that if I've made everybody happy I need to re-think my position. I gave up on Eastman's a long time ago, RMEF, local wildlife council etc.. One hell of a lot of sins of omission from most of them. Money better spent elsewhere.
    Anyway before I get wound up, nice shot, nice buck. You taped the shot-put tape to horns and let us know.