What system, MOA or Mil, do you use?

Do you use MOA or MIL

• MIL

Votes: 277 27.2%
  • MOA

Votes: 741 72.8%

• Total voters
Im gonna have a hard time talking Davidson into a G7 LRF with MIL corrections if you guys dont vote!! (250 views...37 votes)

I am not sure what the real issue is with offering MIL for the G2. At one point I was told that they did offer them in MIL but that they were only available for LE or Military. Recently it seems like the narrative has changed to maybe they aren't even offered at all.

I have chatted with Mike and Aaron about this as well by e-mail. I think at this point they must know there is a segment of the population that really likes the concept but needs it in MIL. Let's hope for some more support here and on other forums. The programming to offer both in the same unit is really what is needed. For the price and feature set that unit has it needs both options IMO.

Scot E.

Im gonna have a hard time talking Davidson into a G7 LRF with MIL corrections if you guys dont vote!! (250 views...37 votes)

I think you will find the results that are being posted are true results of the way it will be even as vote count increases. The majority of the members use MOA. MOA is a standard that has been with us since our first scopes. Just a thought, but if your intent is promote the production of their G7-BR2 in Mils, how about you start a thread asking who would purchase one in mils? But then the numbers would probably be lower as not every mil user would buy one.

Jeff

Being that a have MOA turrets i use those when i have time to adjust. and use mildots for a quick shot. I really want to get a Mil Mil scope. that way i don't have to try and calculate the difference in my head gun)

My scope is MOA / MOA (turrets clicks & reticle) and also have a custom turret with measurements printed on the elevation in yds., but still has MOA clicks. This way I can count clicks if the distance is more then 900 yds. and not count clicks if 900 yds. or less. Just turn to the distance in yards. :)

joseph

PS: In the picture you can see it adjusted to #2 which is my 200 yd. zero. It is calibrated for 4,500 feet elevation.

Attachments

• custom turret .jpg
    custom turret .jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 31
I learned about mils in the Army, which I think are useful for all shooters. I use mils for big game hunting, its a good tool
id agree the only problem is usmc, nato and the army all have different standards of mrad measuresgun)

Anyone using Horus reticles.

Less dialing?

I voted, I barely understand MOA as the math is quicker.

But I do have a Horus Vision scope and like the reticle but not the glass.

Other scope manufacturers are starting to put their reticles on their glass.

Opinions on Horus reticles welcome.

Last edited:

Less dialing?

When I ordered my ne MK4 M5-A Locking turret Leupy, I almost went with the Horus reticle, I think the concept is sound but it may get cluttered also... $2200 was enough, the H-58 optioned scope is ~$3000. Thats a bit rich for my blood :rolleyes: I went with the TMR, I'm happy so far...

OK, so I voted....MOA, its whats on my rifles now and what I shot for years, funny thing is I learned on a MIL rig. I would not discount it (mil) . Like everything else it takes practice!

Good luck with either.

Phillip

Less dialing?

I see Horus optics are fairly high priced but have a limited warranty (1 year), while 99% of the manufacturers have unlimited lifetime replacement. That don't speak well of their commitment to long term reliability.....

I also see that they employ a steel tube but use an aluminum erector housing. I'm not comfortable with that because dissimilar metals are prone to electrolysis, especially steel and aluminum in contact with one another. Could be why the warranty period is one year..........

Aluminum 'white rusts' in contact with steel.

I'd like to see long term reliability on the optic, like 3 years down the road....:)

I see Horus optics are fairly high priced but have a limited warranty (1 year), while 99% of the manufacturers have unlimited lifetime replacement. That don't speak well of their commitment to long term reliability.....

I also see that they employ a steel tube but use an aluminum erector housing. I'm not comfortable with that because dissimilar metals are prone to electrolysis, especially steel and aluminum in contact with one another. Could be why the warranty period is one year..........

Aluminum 'white rusts' in contact with steel.

I'd like to see long term reliability on the optic, like 3 years down the road....:)

Just an FYI, there are a number of other scope companies that offer horus reticles in their scopes. So you can get the reliability of companies like NF, Bushnell, Leupold, and Premier with a Horus reticle.

I don't own one but have used one and I believe that once a guy gets used to the reticle it would be a really good system. There are a lot of unique features that make shooting very quick, easy, and intuitive.

Scot E.

When I ordered my ne MK4 M5-A Locking turret Leupy, I almost went with the Horus reticle, I think the concept is sound but it may get cluttered also... $2200 was enough, the H-58 optioned scope is ~$3000. Thats a bit rich for my blood :rolleyes: I went with the TMR, I'm happy so far...
I have the earlier M5& scope envy:D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.