What stock for a savage?

kshunter

Looking to purchase a new stock for my savage 110. What is everyone using?Any field proven recomendations would be great help. Would like something that is not to bulky for LRH but still provides descent control and feel. Gun will be used for mostly LRH and practice on far off steel plates. :D

Looking to purchase a new stock for my savage 110. What is everyone using?Any field proven recomendations would be great help. Would like something that is not to bulky for LRH but still provides descent control and feel. Gun will be used for mostly LRH and practice on far off steel plates. :D

My model 111 is an Accustock rifle. I just had the fore end free floated to accommodate my McGowan barrel. Seems to be just fine. I shot this gun out to 1033 yds with very good results.

For heavy barreled extreme range a custom balanced stockade tactical is your best bet, if not a bell and carlson duramax will getter done!

Trust me on this one,
Bell and Carlson medalist.
Ive had all the above to compare

He's right the medalist is an awesome piece, just to bad they don't make the A2 style yet for a LA, unless I just can't seem to find it.

I thought they were making a long action stock.
Ill have to give them a call

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.