What scope on a 350 Remington Magnum?

MountainMariner

I've got a new rifle headed my way, a stainless Ruger M77 MKII in 350 Remington Magnum. It will likely tag along with me in a scabbard on a ATV, snowmachine and just hiking/hunting in central Alaska. It will get beat up. Doubtful this rifle will be used for anything over 300 yards. I've got three optics in mind for it (Trijicon 1-4, Vortex 1-6, Nightforce 2.5-10) but wanted to hear a few opinions from you guys, what scope would you put on it?

Congratulations on your new canon. The vortex is a beast, big, heavy and without a doubt very tough.
I have a friend with one on his scar and loves it. I love the size of the nightforce but can see your reason behind a 1x optic.
Good luck in your quest.

One of the toughest scopes I know of, is the Burris safari.

I placed one on my 416 Buff and with out a brake it has performed perfectly.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/416-buff-21003/

It will focus at less than 5 feet and has a great field of view. It also has a Posi Lock that locks down the turrets after it is sighted in.

I also have them on my most powerful pistols and have not had a single problem. (I tried 3 different pistol scopes until I found the Burris.

There light gathering is not the best, but on the lower power versions it is hard to see any difference.

J E CUSTOM

Looks like the Burris Safari is discontinued. I did have a Burris on my last Ruger M77 in the early 1990's but that was a 3x9. Other than that no experience with Burris. I'll look around a bit for a new one, sure there has to be a few around. For $500 it might be worth the try. Won't buy a used scope.

Looks like the Burris Safari is discontinued. I did have a Burris on my last Ruger M77 in the early 1990's but that was a 3x9. Other than that no experience with Burris. I'll look around a bit for a new one, sure there has to be a few around. For $500 it might be worth the try. Won't buy a used scope.

Sorry to hear that. there is another one that looks like it might be a good fit for you =
1.5x6x40 with a 30 mm tube called a MTAC and it looks like it has the Posi lock system. sells for
$398.95 on SWFA.

There is also one with tall turrets (I prefer the short ones for Hunting)

J E CUSTOM

if it were mine it would wear a vx1 or vx2 2x7 leupold. Another good option would be a 2x7 Nikon monarch

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.