What Ring and Bases do you use?

I have two Remington 700 Senderos calibered in 7mm STW with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scopes on each of them. The set-up I use on each of them is a 20 MOA EGW for the Picatinny rail and low Burris 30mm Tactical Rings. They seem to hold pretty well with the recoil and with the 20 MOA rail I can dial it out to over 1,400 yards if I want.

I also have a Remington 700 LSS calibered in a .257 Weatherby Magnum also with a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scope on it too. The set-up I use on that rifle is Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 30mm Rings (Matte Medium). I really like that set-up on that rifle too. With the set-up on this rifle I can dial it out to about 1,000 yards if I want.

I'm running Mk4 steel bases and Mk4 medium 1" rings with a Weaver T24. I have enough elevation to get to 600 yards.

For me anything 7mm and smaller gets NF rings and rail. 30cal and up gets Near Mfg. rings and rail.

Used to have a Wby Accumark 338-378 with a NF 5.5-22x56 on top that would not stay put. Went thru 3 different sets of mounts, Warne, Talley, & NF before a member here, Autorotate, steered me onto Near Mfg. After putting the Near Mfg. rail and rings on that NF scope never moved.

Near Mfg. is definitely the best I've ever personally used. Their quality of workmanship is 2nd to none!

I'm catchin' some ribbin' over these Weaver tacticals... but...
DSCN0020.jpg

I'll bet your scope comes loose before mine does. :D

Dan

I'll break the trend of heavy duty/tactical style hardware and advocate something different. Slowly but surely I have installed Burris Signature rings on almost every rifle I own.

I have yet to see the scope slip in one of the Signatures rings and regularly shoot heavy loads in my 300 RUM and 338 RUM. I occasionally find a desire to swap scopes and have never seen a ring mark of any kind. 10moa - 20moa is easy to accomplish with the inserts provided and scope tubes can't be bent or bound by Signatures.

Just my 2 cents, even though I know this goes against the grain here. :D