What RCBS dies to bump shoulders on 7mm rem mag?

Darcey

Looking for knowledge on which RCBS dies I need to buy to just neck size and bump the shoulders back on my 7mm rem mag cases? Do I also need to buy the shell holders of different heights with the dies?

"which RCBS dies I need to buy to just neck size and bump the shoulders back on my 7mm rem mag cases?"

I don't think RCBS makes a neck sizer that shoulder bumps, at least none of mine do. Call 'em to confirm.

"Do I also need to buy the shell holders of different heights with the dies? "

Such shell holders are a crutch for people who can't seem to properly adjust their sizer dies. If you can do it right there is no need for such shell holders.

Last edited:
If you want to "Bump" the shoulder you need to by a small base die or one of the Hornady New
Dimension dies that have the range to do so. (They don't have to bump the shell holder to size
small).

There are other more expensive dies , but the Hornady's work good for sizing below standard dies.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.