What is the best tasting deer species

What is the best tasting deer species? I eat mostly whitetail because that is what I am able to hunt the most frequently. But I have had buddies that calm mulies are more gamey. I'm not sure if it is their prep or the deer have a gamey taste. What is y'all's opinions.
The variety that resides in my freezer at the time
Mike
What is the best tasting deer species? I eat mostly whitetail because that is what I am able to hunt the most frequently. But I have had buddies that calm mulies are more gamey. I'm not sure if it is their prep or the deer have a gamey taste. What is y'all's opinions.

In deer the best I have tasted is axis. The sika we got was also very good but not as mild. This was a big old bull so might make a diff.

Not deer but the African plains game all seem to be excellent. Very mild. Some more tender than others.
I have been told by someone the best meat they have ever had was hippo. The water cow of Africa

No matter which species you choose, processing and preparation are critical to say the least. Whitetails in the south getting all you can eat meals in the farmers crop sure make for some fine meals. I love mulies also but sometimes I can almost taste the sage when it's the major portion of their diet. Properly prepared elk loin is indescribable. Yes, I'm partial to venison! Bison burgers are great!

One of the guys I reload for killed a high fence buck this year and asked if I wanted the meat. Which I did. He had already had it processing just the way I like it. Cube steak, back strap and tenderloin whole. The rest in burger with a little beef fat. This was some of the best white tail I've eaten in some time. I expect I'll have to reload for him for free next time.

One of the guys I reload for killed a high fence buck this year and asked if I wanted the meat. Which I did. He had already had it processing just the way I like it. Cube steak, back strap and tenderloin whole. The rest in burger with a little beef fat. This was some of the best white tail I've eaten in some time. I expect I'll have to reload for him for free next time.
I do my deer as ground, cubed steak, and roast. We prefer not to add any fat to the meat while processing it, but add it when cooking it if needed. My wife and I will finish processing our deer tomorrow. I started processing my own when it crossed my mind that I didn't know if I got my deer back from the processor, and how the meat was taken care of. After a few seasons my grinder and cuber had paid for themselves. Now if the meat hasn't been treated correctly then it is my fault.👍