what electronic call to buy

nate-lab

i am going to buy a electronic call for coyote hunting this fall which one should i buy i have never used a electronic call for coyote hunting

i am going to buy a electronic call for coyote hunting this fall which one should i buy i have never used a electronic call for coyote hunting

a foxpro hands down. fx-5 if you have the money, if not the fx-3. you can buy a refurbished one directly from foxpro & save some some coin. they come with a warranty.

I looked at as many calls as I could and decided on a Foxpro FX 3 from the foxpro factory
because of price and features and have been very very happy with the call and the service.

The FX5 is super nice but it is almost twice the cost and less than twice the features.

If you order it from the factory they will program in all the call sounds that you want
and print them on the call and the remote.(Neat)

If you order it from a jobber it will come with preprogramed sounds and you may not
get everthing you want in the beginning.

PS get the rechargable set up with it and it will last/run a lot longer each time you use it.

J E CUSTOM

Took a new caller out last weekend and it was the best I have seen or used, it is a Wildlife Technologies.
My buddy got the smaller one and it has plenty of reach even in the wind, super simple unit and rugged.
Played a little antalope fawn in distress an had a dog come in so fast that he didn't stop till he was standing over the caller.

Wildlife Technologies

The FX5 is no longer a production model from FoxPro. The latest and greatest is the FoxPro Fury which has a new FHSS Remote and holds 500 sounds and retails for $599 which is $100 cheaper than the FX5 used to be.

The FX3 now retails for $399.

The XR6 is also no longer a production model.

If you are interested in any of the FoxPro units, shoot me a PM for more info.

Tim
L&M Outdoors
FoxPro Prostaff

Fox Pro fx3 hands down! you can order from AllPredatorscalls.com and they will program it with what ever sounds you want. great people to deal with too.

Foxpro are great calls, no doubt. Hec, I use one myself. However, if I was getting into the game of electronic calling all over again, I would go with the Johnny Stewart PM-4. Its $200 and a remote caller with the capability to install different sounds. Johnny Stewart sounds are some of the best sounds IMO and I have called in and taken more game over those sounds than any other. My foxpro uses ALOT of JS sounds.

Hey guys, I'm new here, hope I can learns some things or maybe spread a little knowlegde.

I just went through the delima a building a new calling machine. I am a cheap SOB so I went in search of the cheapest set up I could find. Here is what I came up with:

I bought the Cass Creek Big Horn Speaker $30
My wife had an old Walkman CD player $0
Downloaded calls from the internet for $0
Going Callin' tonight with my buddy PRICELESS

Sorry couldn't pass it up. Here are the links to what I got. The nice thing about the Cass Creek speaker is the amp is built in, it has a 75 ft. cord, and you can plug it into your, iPod, MP3 player, CD player, Tape player etc.

http://store.casscreek.com/Product/558/Speakers/Big-Horn-Remote-Speaker/

Here is where I downloaded some of the calls from.

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

This thing works great. Use it all the time.

Hope this might help someone.

I have used e-calls from Mini phantom,Cass Creek and a JS attractor calls. I did not have much luck with the Mini phantom or Cass Creek calls. JS attractor worked well. The volume on these small units is not much but will do the job. I then bought a JS Preymaster non remote caller. Wow good volume and u can change cards out for different sounds. I live out west and the JS Preymaster works well. I would purchase a JS Preymaster wirless though so u can put the caller away from you. I also purchased a FX3 last year and I am happy with it. No cards to change or lose. Good volume and have had no problems with it. The Foxproo seems to call in more bobcats in my area than the JS Preymaster though? why i do not know? maybe cause the FX3 call is continuos and will only stop until you stop it. The JS Preymaster calls stop after some time and will not start again until you push the start button again. My hunting partner bought a scorpion and has noticed the same thing. The scorpion is also nice and compact. The other thing with the JS Preymaster is the speaker wire can frey with rolling it up and unrolling the speaker wire. I had this happen to me and my hunting partners also. It is an easy fix though. So it all depends on how much you want to spend? 200$ for the JS Preymaster wirless or 300$ on up for a Foxpro. Either will work fine for coyotes. Good luck and hope this info helps.gun)

This is an update from the last post.

Sense buying the Fox pro 3 I have been amazed at what it will do and the time it will
run.

Some suggestions if you get one.

1 = Get it pre programmed with the calls you want to start with.

2 = Order it with the nickle metal hydride batteries and charger.(A standard dry cell
has about 500ma of power. A NMH battery has 4500 ma and will run 7 or 8 times
as long. They are expensive but pay for themselves in a short time and gives you
many more hours of use.

3 = Use both speakers for long range calling or in windy conditions and after a little
calling turn down the volume and if you see something coming keep turning it
down to make the quarry hunt for it.

4 = If hunting close use the speaker only (The horn uses more power) and hide it well
so they have to hunt for it. I have had different kinds of game suddenly appear
at the location of the call without ever seeing them until they started looking for it.

5 = Place it 50+ yards cross wind from you where you have a shot near the call.

Get one and have a ball !!!!!

J E CUSTOM

I like the the call Wildlife Technology makes. I like to set my speaker under an old dead tree and get about 350 to 400 yds away with my remote control, and my 17 rem. I play a crow call. I can usually pick off 4 to 6 crows till they get smart. It's a hoot!!!! It's a super call, but pretty pricey. Remote control can change sounds, turn volume up and down from my own personal experience from 400 yds away.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.