What do you know about Ramline stocks?

threejones

I've got an old remmy 788 in 6mm rem that was given to me by my dad. It's long needed to be restocked (POI shifts up to 3inch @100 depending on humidity) It shoots amazingly well, but it isn't anything special. I shot my first deer with it, and my daughter is almost old enough to hunt, so it's on it's way to being hers. I looked everywhere for a synthetic stock for it at a reasonable price... and found squat. I came across an older Ramline stock that fits it for $80 on another board, and just couldn't say no (it should be here in a day or two). The problem is that Ramline no longer exists and I can't find much info on it, not even any close-up pics. I was wondering if anyone has one, or knows anything about them, ie- are they a pain to bed, how's the fit finish, etc. I'm sure it'll cure the wondering POI, but if anyone could enlighten me about Ramline I'd sure appreciate it.

I had one on a 338 Win mag. It worked fine but was nothing to get excited about. Fit was drop in ok so I did not bed it. Gun shot as well with it as its wood stock. Seemed to reduce felt recoil.

back in the day when I used to be into semi- auto junk guns ( stamped SKS)
I had em on a few, they worked and were cheap, what else would ya put on a chinese ya got for $80
I thought I had a Ramline stock on my Carl Gustafs 1901 Swedish Mauser, just checked and it's a Butler Creek 96 stock,

the Ramline brand is still around....

Ram-Line - Rifle Stocks

http://www.ram-line.com/

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.