What did I do wrong!

yotehunter73

I have shot the same Sendero in 25.06 topped wit a zeiss 4.5X14 for the last 8 years. It has produced some nice groups out to 300 yds. I have taken deer at ranges of 75 yds to 475 yds with this rifle. my hunting buddy and fellow LRH member has encouraged me to stretch it out!. so today I took it to 300 yds where it shot a 1-5/8 3 shot group. I then took it too 500 yds. with the sand bags across the hood of my truck on a wyoming prairie, I settle in for the shot. I squeeze the trigger........the gun jumps and I cant see the hole in the box knowing its 25 or inches lower than my POI or so 2 more shots to follow. not knowing where they hit but feeling good about each shot I went to the target. And found a 7/8 inch group!! thats a .167 MOA! I am shooting a factory rifle with factory HSM 115 Gr. VLD berger bullets. I know there will be disbelievers out there....I may be one of them! Let me end in saying I am not a novice shooter or a novice reloader. I stumbled on HSM ammo and love it!

Attachments

• IMG 500yd 25.06.jpg
    IMG 500yd 25.06.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 98
Well you could have spent about 3x as much on a custom rig and thousands of hours putting togther the "perfect load combination". Then you'd feel like all that time and money had gone to a good cause... .:D

When something works this well, I don't question it!gun)

Good Job Ringo!!:)

gun)I knew you could do it. gun)

Buy as much of that ammo as you can, (preferably/hopefully the same lot #).

Test your scope adjustments for tracking accuracy, and you're well on your way.

Glad to see you finally got EJ's 390 yd prarie dog posted up :D I bet if he uses your rifle we can get him into the 500 yd club next time you're out.

Thanks Shane. The challenge will be the repeatability. I cant get out till this weekend so it will a very long week. I will get as much of the ammo as I can find. I questioned the cost of it at first but if its going to shoot that well its worth it.
gun)

I'm a "lucky" Sendero owner but you and your 25-06 took it to the next level. Congrats!

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.