What are these slots called?

Is that Shasta or Hood in the background?

I'd love to build a '67-ish Roadster myself. Put all C5+ mechanicals in it.
That is Mt Rainier. I ordered a brand new 67' Roadster from Phil Fields Chevrolet, in Portland. By the time it was delivered.....Phil and his son perished in their Riley/Cessna 310 on takeoff from the Troutdale Airport. They had left an oil cap off and the airplane caught fire. My 67' 327/350 Marlboro Maroon, 3:36 gears M20 wide ratio 4 sp, tan interior. That's me, 55 years ago.
1967 corvette 350327 portland mother.JPG

Attachments

• Maganaport Model 29.jpg
    Maganaport Model 29.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Maganaport Model 29R.jpg
    Maganaport Model 29R.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Model 29 Laser Smith Wesson.jpg
    Model 29 Laser Smith Wesson.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 29
  • S W Model 29.jpg
    S W Model 29.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 39
My father had a Model 29......way back when they first came out. I remember shooting it at Eagle Creek. You couldn't do that now as it is such a popular hike.

We are brothers is many ways !!! I had a. C5. 2003 50th anniversary triple black conv ,it drowned in. Hurricane Sandy in the garage , I now have the C6 you see in the picture ! 2011 Grand Sport ! I love elegant classic rifles ,stocked inn High grade wood ! I sent this Weatherby Mark V Custom Shop Stock for a classic London Oli finish ,from Griffin and Howe .it may go to the Mark V 270 Weatherby mag or theMark V 300 Weatherby Mag !!

Attachments

• 3BA9EDC0-FE6F-40DB-B5F4-EC043CB21309.jpeg
    3BA9EDC0-FE6F-40DB-B5F4-EC043CB21309.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • 5C63BFF0-AB95-49BB-8856-802A9C020960.jpeg
    5C63BFF0-AB95-49BB-8856-802A9C020960.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
As you can see, the stocks that come out of the Weatherby Custom Shop,( 20 years ago ) can be had without Skip a Line Diamonds in the checkering. I believe it is inletted for the #2 , 26 inch , Barel dimensions. I really missed my 2003 50th anniversary Triple Black Conv Vette, but after a while I feel in love with the 2011 Triple Black Conv. Grand Sport. As you can tell, I have very little imagination. !!! Gentlemen, please excuse the side bar conversation, this once.

Attachments

• IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3497 My vette  Front shot Oct 2020.JPG
    IMG_3497 My vette Front shot Oct 2020.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
We are brothers is many ways !!! I had a. C5. 2003 50th anniversary triple black conv ,it drowned in. Hurricane Sandy in the garage , I now have the C6 you see in the picture ! 2011 Grand Sport ! I love elegant classic rifles ,stocked inn High grade wood ! I sent this Weatherby Mark V Custom Shop Stock for a classic London Oli finish ,from Griffin and Howe .it may go to the Mark V 270 Weatherby mag or theMark V 300 Weatherby Mag !!
Lenny
WOW!
Beautiful WOOD Stock!
I love wood and Blue Steel.
Unfortunately the ones I like the most never hit the woods because I couldn't bear getting a nick on the wood. We have had several and I spent more time looking at the wood finish and Bluing than for animals. Switched our hunting rifles to synthetic and SS.
I have done a couple of dozen wood stocks and hand rubbed 12-20-30 coats of oil finish and the owners probably won't take them out.
I have a Ruger Mark II 77 Laminated that I finished and switched out for a Chassis. May sell it some time soon.

Weatherby is in a Class of it's own for the price
The stock you have in the picture is a piece of ART and deserves to be put in a Presentation Case.
I would have to wear cotton gloves and a face mask not to breath on this stock to handle it.
Thanks for sharing
Len & Jill

Lenny............ Thanks.........we do seem to be brothers in arms and Corvettes! I love your Weatherbys. Absolute beauty. I'd never carry those in the woods. I have more JK Cloward rifles as seen in my avatar.

The C6 is a great Corvette..............they ALL are.

Best,
Karl
Chehalis WA
Walnut and Blue forever!!

Karl,

You do have some beautiful guns. I just did a close up of your avatar. Wow! Jim did great work. Are they in Mauser actions or Weatherby?

Jose,

Those are all pre-war Winchester Model 70.

I had them laid out that day because my son (who is a scientist, working for a big cancer research firm) was having his 21st birthday.

He had his choice and picked up the 3rd one down. Nothing lasts forever, but I'd sure like to walk into JK's shop and order another!

cloward.JPG

URL]