What .308 bullets work for you?

C-130 Dude

In the process of wringing out my new pew.

I"m interested in your favorite 168gr bullets for target use only please.

What are your thoughts?

I will add, we stopped using the 308 and changed to 7mm-08 for Silhouette shooting, used the 168gr and then changed to the 150gr version. Now I use the 160gr TMK, and again, extremelly accurate. So I would try the 168gr TMK as well.

Now I have my seen a Sierra in 7mm or 308 in Iverson two years, and least not under 175gr.

Wy wife's shoots the Amax, so I would try the ELDM, more readily available than any Sierra bullet.

I will add, we stopped using the 308 and changed to 7mm-08 for Silhouette shooting, used the 168gr and then changed to the 150gr version. Now I use the 160gr TMK, and again, extremelly accurate. So I would try the 168gr TMK as well.

Now I have my seen a Sierra in 7mm or 308 in Iverson two years, and least not under 175gr.

Wy wife's shoots the Amax, so I would try the ELDM, more readily available than any Sierra bullet.
I've got smk and tmk in 168. Just thought I would ask. I'm ready to load for either. Oh yeah, which 150 are you using it for?

I've got smk and tmk in 168. Just thought I would ask. I'm ready to load for either. Oh yeah, which 150 are you using it for?

We used the 150gr MK in the 7mm-08 for Silhouettes, worked better tham the 168gr on knocking down the rams at 500. I have since moved to the 160gr TMK and love it. But now I can't find any of them. I still have load data for all 3, so which ever I find first is coming home lol.

I will provably try the 162gr ELDM, seen them quite often online and locally.

I shoot the 168 and 178 AMAX for target loads. I've actually gotten some pretty consistent results from them and they were shooting really close to the same at extended ranges. Probably just due to the BC on the 178. Been working on a much heavier 195-ELDM bullet for about the last couple of months. Just trying to get the powder charge dialed in a bit more to get the ES and SD down.

We used the 150gr MK in the 7mm-08 for Silhouettes, worked better tham the 168gr on knocking down the rams at 500. I have since moved to the 160gr TMK and love it. But now I can't find any of them. I still have load data for all 3, so which ever I find first is coming home lol.

Thanks. Will load up 25 Hornady 168 hpbt match, 25 Sierra 168 SMK, and 25 Sierra 168 TMK. To start with.
Well see.....

I'll be switching to 7-08 AI someday.