Western Oregon checking in

foxmeadow

Howdy, all. I live outside of Eugene, OR on a piece of ground big enough to shoot 500 yds. I'm 62, married for 35 years to the same patient, tolerant woman, have two grown kids and am a steel fabricator by trade.
My interest in long range shooting has just expanded from hunting to precision shooting. My go-to hunting rifle for the past 20 years is a Ruger .30-06 that has been more reliably accurate than any rifle I've ever had, but it's not that much fun to shoot more than three shots; the barrel heats up and the stringing starts. My shoulder (2 surgeries) doesn't care much for it either.

I recently bought a Savage 10 FP w/ a 20" barrel. In .308, it's a new caliber for me and a whole new world of fun is ahead. I reload everything I shoot except .22, and I enjoy working up new loads for new guns; it's a great hobby/obsession.

At least that's what my wife calls it...

Hope to meet some friends here.

Regards,

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.