Western Oregon

Jamie6.5

Hi all. I've been reading quite a bit of what's here and thought I'd see what I can contribute. Grew up in S.E. Oregon and hunted for 25+ years, took an eight year hiatus and am getting back in, but with a bad knee, so I've got to get back into long shooting.
Most kills with a .270 WIN. longest at 280 measured, nice 3 pt. mulie, one shot flop. One cow elk in the back of the head at 240yds, never knew what hit her.
I shot DCM back in the day. Competed with the '06 in two different incarnations, '03 and Garand. At one time was looking to go 1k yards.

Currently working with a friend trying to get his Ruger No.1 in 7STW to group well enough to go to 600+ on Elk.

Happy trails!
Jamie

I used to live in mcminville, and sheridan. Worked for Vaughn Logging for 2 years. Worked on the siletz river, tilamook, lincoln city. Elk under every bush.
I would go on Boise ground on weekends south of Dallas, and shoot squirels at long range. You should check it out, lots of old logging sites, clearcuts,etc. to shoot.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts