Well now that we have an archery section.................

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Some of you may have noticed I havent been hanging around this awesome site much latley. This is because before I was into LR shooting I was very much into archery. Recently the archery bug has been reviving itself. I have been pursuing many archery tournaments latley and practicing every day after work and on weekends. It is my goal to get back into good shooting shape and in the next couple of years take a stab at professional archery. Hence the reason I havent been here much. Just a lack of time. I am heading to Redding this next weekend for a 4-101 yard 3D tournament. Maybe I will see some of you fellow sliver slingers there.

Regards!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I may do about the same thing. If I can break 1K with a rifle this Fall then I will most likely switch back to bow hunting and see if I can break 100 yards. There are some new bows out that are very fast. Then there are some very accurate and fairly fast bows. Same paradigm, speed vs accuracy.

Good luck on your endeavors.

[ QUOTE ]
Recently the archery bug has been reviving itself

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. While my shooting is not to the level of yours Meichele, I did get out this week and used my bow for the first time in probably 15 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Ya, long time. Had alot of fun!

So that's got me now thinking about upgrading some of the accessories on my bow. The hunting zone around the city is bow hunting only, and there's some big bucks out there.

So along with my short LR goals for this year, I think I'll try to get out with the bow a bit in the early season.

buffalobob , I was shooting a Bowtech Guardian today set at 30.5" draw , 73lbs maxed out shooting a 306gr arrow at 326fps. This bow is awsome , super smooth almost zero recoil and it is very accurate. I was shooting into a 4" circle consistantly at 80yds with a 4x lens in a high end target site.

I'm not sure I would try to shoot a critter past 80yds , I practice to 100yds but their is just to much that can happen while the arrow is on its way

the archery bug hit me to right around tax time dont know how I did it SHE said ok I got a used mathews ultra max and upgraded every thing! sighted in to 60 Y this bow is awsome shoots arrow at 246 fps just got another 1 here at home yesterday off ebay for my son to he's 15 we cant wait to get out there only 24 more days (ps going to get that new DXT next spring hehehehehehe)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.