Welfare Solution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panhandlepr

This is a "Letter to the Editor" that appeared in the Sunday paper here in Post Falls, Idaho. I thought it was a great idea and of course there will be those who won't agree, but read it and see what you think.

Welfare: Drug tests before checks are sent
About six years ago, my girl-friend told me of an idea that she had for quite some time, I thought to myself, wow, what a great idea! And then like so many flashes of brilliance, we talk to each other, and to our friends, co-workers and family about it, everyone we talk to thinks it's a great idea.
But, now it's time to quite talking about amongst ourselves, and throw it out for everone to chew on. Drug testing, before welfare checks.
New before I go any further, let me say, this is not an attack on the welfare system, I have no problem giving help and support to those with legitimate needs.
However, if you or I want to obtain a decent job (which generates taxes that in turn fund such programs) we will more than likely have to submit to drug testing, and agree to random testing. What's wrong with this picture?
Did you know that food stamps are worth fifty cents on the dollar in the drug community? Think about that next you are scraping up change to buy lunch to get yourself through the day.
And maybe it would be a good idea to make sure the children, for whom the benefits are intended to help, actually live in the home. In some cases, children stay with other family members, while the parent continues to collect the monthly checks. My girl-friend personally knew of a case, where a parent was collecting benefits, that were intended for her five children, all of whom lived with other family members, because the mother was an addict/alcoholic.
Now I know this idea will have it's critics, and I may even anger a lot of people, in fact I hope you are angry! Maybe if we create a loud enough buzz, we can start the wheels in motion, that will effect changes in the sytem, which will benefit those who are using these resources the way they are intended, to provide safe homes, and nutritious meals for their children and themselves.
Here is the bottom line, as I see it. The welfare system should be used to empower, not enable.

PAT MCCLENAHAN AND
LAURIE THOMAS
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

If you like this idea, please send to everyone you can!!!

Not only drug test but sterlize , their are to many useless freeloaders that continue to have children to increse their income

[ QUOTE ]
Not only drug test but sterlize , their are to many useless freeloaders that continue to have children to increse their income

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen JDJones!!!

And how about all the worthless scum that cross our borders (North, South, East or West) only to receive a free ride from the hard working CITIZENS of this country!

Murf

i knew a guy who had a nephew that had five kids with his girl friend they got food stamps welfare medicaid all he did was smoke dope and drink she didnt work they had a sixth kid a boy his name on the brith certificate was ( $ ) can you believe that sh@#@!t thats what they actually named him

I see you are a great humanitarian. I also expect that unlike me you have never been on welfare as a child.

It is always good to punish the children because of the sins of the parents.

I really don't have a clue why you would post something like this on a long range hunting site. There are plenty of sites that cater to this type of stuff.

Bob i agree these programs help thousands of children that would otherwise go hungry or without healh care but some of these kids need to be protected from there own parents as well. Thank god for mediciad my wifes grandson my step grandson was born premature and needed a liver and bowel transplant my stepson and his wife had no insurance and I couldnt afford to pay all the bills he only lived to be 4 yrs but are lives are richer for it he never complaned and allways had a smile on his face

Buffalobob is friend of mine . I dont always agree with him . Friends are like that , giving and forgiving .

He also hit the nail on the head regarding your post . What are you doing here ? This is a long range shooting website . At this place we endeavour to learn and share what we have learned ..................regarding long range shooting.

There was another fella that wanted to " clean up " the human cesspool .
Adolph , they called him , well , if they were close enough friends to not get shot when he was in a bad mood .

6 million is the estimate . I am personally sure that it is considerably higher .6 million people were killed because a madman /posseded man decided that they were unfit to live .

Don't come here .... this site is for other purposes .

If , on the other hand you want to pursue your self centered , egotistical ramblings , I might add terribly uninformed ,

then send me a email , my info is in my addy , I will meet you as far as I can afford to drive to have a fist fight with you . I figure you are so out of it that a physical encounter would probably do you ( and me ) some good .I dont mind getting my nose bashed for a good cause

I will also send you money if you can not afford to travel . Many here on this site will vouch for my integrity. I mean what I say.

your friend in Arkansas,

Jim Brown

I totally 100% agree with drug testing requirement for any benefits including welfare and unemployment. Stop short of sterilization, but drug testing yes.
Ruffled some feathers, I see.
This is a general discussion post, I think welfare abuse is a problem frequently discussed in all our homes.
If I should have a run of bad luck and needed public assistance for my next meal or to keep a roof over my head, peeing in the cup would not be a problem. Of course I've worked my whole life and would appreciate any help under those circumstances....not expect it.

Bearless

Over on 24 hour Campfire there are plenty of people who sit around all day running their mouth about social issues that they know nothinn about. As best I can determine very few of those fools ever go hunting.

As you say your self you know nothing about it and obviuosly the first person didn't either. I further would guess that neither one of you has ever had to deal with a drug addicted parent. Neither one of you has a single clue what a childhood like that is for the child and what it is like to try rise above it. You say you wouldn't mind peeing in a cup but then you aren't drug addicted are you. What a stupid statement. A drug addict knows what that means.

STX at least has some knowledge of how sometimes life can be extremely difficult and outside of one's ability to control and has the backbone to say so.

Bottom line is that you and the other guy have run your mouth with no expertise in the subject and the subject has no place on this forum.

Jimm

It is not worth getting Len upset and us banned over. I just hate to see this forum turned into a 24 Hour Campfire where expertise and knowledge means nothing and most of the posts are just hate mongering social commentary about what a sorry world we live in.

I have done the very best I know how to for my children so they would never know the world I grew up in and I know you have done the same. As I told you before, anybody would be proud to call Jesse their son.

I will see you this Fall.

Jim

You got that right, I'm not drug addicted. I'm a hard working tax payer and have been all my life. There another stupid statement!!
I'm not out to see any kid go hungry or deny a child a much needed operation.
This welfare system of ours has got out of hand, you're the expert where is it today compared to 5-10-15 years ago. Where is it going, feeding on its self. Generation after generation being welfare dependent.
I'm not about to apologize for the way I feel about the abuse of this system. I don't appreciate being slammed by you for expressing my opinion. Last I knew we could still do that in this country.

Jim,
As I read the heading of the forum, it says General Discussion. If you don't like the subject, don't read it or did someone have to read it for you. Your response doesn't sound like you should even be alowed in public places or you haven't taken you medication like you were told to. I don't really like being threatened by some redneck *** either. It seems every forum always has their know-it-all jerks. Hope you have a good day.

Panhandlepr

It seems like it might be good time to end this particular discussion.

The LRH site is generally for discussing long range hunting and the General section was probably intended more for general long range information moreso than heated topics.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.