Weird Ring

Those cases are a hot mess! It looks like most of rings are in three areas of the case. I would cut a couple of those cases in half and see if there is wall thinning.
I was about to do exactly what you but had another thought. I was using a very sharp needle if I can feel the the line but I can't, so I decided to clean it with a brass compound and here's the result: the ring is now totally gone
I will shoot factory some ammo and new brass reloads to further verify what the heck is going on here and will cut some of the ring-ec

View attachment 263047
With it being four different rifles, think I would look at brass prep. Do they go into the cleaner with marks on them? If you can't feel a ridge with a pick and you can clean off marks it looks like some kind of tarnish issue or chemical reaction.
We just shot factory and new brass and no ring marks at all. I also checked them after the sonic cleaner and they were fine. However, the old brass that we also shoot have little marks on some of them. It was not as much as the last time. I think my friend did something wrong on his prep processing. Thanks.

Good to hear you got it figured out. One thing I started doing years ago was to clean chamber and recoil lug recesses better and more often. I also clean the chamber with gun scrubber before firing a cleaned barrel. Sized cases get wiped down with denatured alcohol as well. This works well for me.

Good to hear you got it figured out. One thing I started doing years ago was to clean chamber and recoil lug recesses better and more often. I also clean the chamber with gun scrubber before firing a cleaned barrel. Sized cases get wiped down with denatured alcohol as well. This works well for me.
I think I'll do that too. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.