weatherby vanguard series 2 range certified

I agree, haven't had time to do it. On all sites including Weatherby they advertise a #1 contour up to the Magnum calibers then a #2.

Go look again.
Weatherby's site says #2 for the Vanguards - I checked before I posted.
Click on the Specifications tab - 24 in, #2 contour

Weatherby - Vanguard® Synthetic

They (thankfully) haven't made a #1 contour except the UltraLightWeight in years.

I had one of the old sub MOA rifles in 257 and it shot great as well. What I really wish that would happen if Weatherby would take the 257 and neck it up to a 6.5mm and have correctly head stamped brass made up as well. That would be nice. I know you can do this with a custom barrel but it would great if there was factory brass correctly stamped and reloading dies, etc., etc., etc.

I had one of the old sub MOA rifles in 257 and it shot great as well. What I really wish that would happen if Weatherby would take the 257 and neck it up to a 6.5mm and have correctly head stamped brass made up as well. That would be nice. I know you can do this with a custom barrel but it would great if there was factory brass correctly stamped and reloading dies, etc., etc., etc.

I have been saying this for a while. It would also help to lessen the overbore of the case capacity vs bullet diameter, as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.