weatherby series 11 vanguard

shade mt

just watched a overview on the new series 2 vanguard...a 257 wby might be in order in the near future...anyone know if they are available over the counter yet?

Sorry to post question but I realy want to be sure about the money I will invest.
Does the synthetic stock are firm or soft like a Savage synthetic stock?
Moose1

Definitely available as Santa gave me one for Christmas. In .257 even. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by firm or soft - its a synthetic stock that's solid. The black inserts are "slightly" less solid but I wouldn't consider them to be soft.

two guns on my list this year...one will be some type of 6.5, the other will more than likely be one of these in the 257 wby

sdkidaho
i'd like to here more about the one ole santa brought you.:D....how does it shoot ect..

The Savage I tried when I tapp on the sid eof the stock,it make a sound like a
empty tomato can.It is all empty inside and the core of the plastic stock is thin compare to my Knight Extreme muzzleloader which is firm and solid.
Moose1

Can't say how it shoots yet - still trying to decide on a scope...

I could buy something < $500 right now, or I could wait a bit and go with a NightForce, so I'm struggling with that decision at the moment. REALLY liking that Velocity 1000 reticle. :D

Moose,

The Vanguard synthetic stocks are quite solid for a plastic stock. I have seven of them including a 338 Winchester Magnum. The stocks hold up very well and the rifles shoot very well. I just got a new S2 in 240 Weatherby. The stock on that one seems the same as far as strength. They certainly aren't as solid as an HS Precision or a laminated stock but they are very good in my opinion.

Good luck with your purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.