weatherby vangaurd s2

Anyone have one of these accugaurds? How do they shoot and how do you like the rifle?

I have one in 22/250 . It doesn't like 55gr bullets,but with 50gr missiles it meets the Weatherby guarantee of MOA at 100 yds. I've since bedded it into a Bell & Carlson medalist stock. Eventually I'll buy an aftermarket bbl with a 8" twist. I found out the bbl threads are metric so need to find a gunsmith that is set up for metric to do a barrel job.

I have one of the accuguard's in 240 wby. I haven't shot the rifle much, only about 20 rounds. I like the feel of the rifle, nice stock and fluted barrel. I don't care much for the 2 stage trigger, but I haven't adjusted it yet. The rifle has shot about 3/4" with 100gr factory ammo. I think the price tag is a little high at $875 but overall a nice rifle.

Looking back I wish I would've gotten a Remington 700. Just more customizable. That's why I'm going to be posting my stainless 7mm mag for sale soon.

I've made my own by bedding Vanguards into B&C stocks. Every one of them shoots MOA or much better with factory ammo., and they do well so far to 500 yards (as far as I have space to shoot), They shoot so well that I spend time working on handloads for other rifles instead.

If you're worried about accuracy, don't be. It will shoot well when you find a load it likes.

I have two - a 7mm-08 and a 243. Both of them are sub-moa out of the box. I've only played with the 243 out past 300 and have shot a 4-shot group under 2.5" @ 500 with some 90 gr nosler AB's.
All I've done to either rifle was to check the torque settings on the action screws and scope 'em and shoot 'em. Great rifles for what they are designed and priced at.

Looking back I wish I would've gotten a Remington 700. Just more customizable. That's why I'm going to be posting my stainless 7mm mag for sale soon.

There are real gunsmiths out there that will do metric, not a big deal. And on the action you will find that a lot of things you want to modify for accuracy On a rem are already done from the factory on a vanguard. Mine was skim bedded and timminey trigger and I can get 3 shot 1/2 at a 100, men is a 300wsm, just saying

Spoke with one gunsmith and he said"Might be extra cost in removing the bbl on Howa/Vanguard actions,not simply because their metric ,just that they hard to remove " Why would they be extra hard to remove ?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.