Weatherby Mark V Deluxe 300WBY

dragman

I have a markV deluxe in 300WBY that I have had a little over 10 years. I bought it well before I started loading and got into the long range stuff. I don't even think I have 2 boxes of factory weatherby ammo out of it and it shoots right around 1". Anyways I was gonna sell it but instead I am now thinking I should start to load for it and see if I can get more out of it. I have no experience with the 300WBY or loading for any weatherby's for that matter. does anyone have a pet load for them or some suggestion on where to start???

I load for a buddy of mine's Vanguard .300 Wby Mag, but he hasn't tested out any of the handloads to find which one hits the sweet-spot yet....Kinda ****es me off, I went through the effort.

Anyway, but what I suggest is picking the brand of bullets you choose to shoot out of it, and purchasing their reloading manual. Then go by what they say.

When it comes to reloading, no 2 rifles will be the same. Sure, some may share the same loads equally, but the odds of it are not great enough to give someone a "solid load" to load up and shoot 1 ragged hole groups. Luck could very well have it that way, but the odds are stacked against it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.