• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby mark 5 6.5-300

Goose71

Helping a friend out here ,
weatherby 6.5-300 mag with 30mm rings redding dies and 40 cases 7 are still unshot.
33 rounds fired. selling reason DOES NOT LIKE THE RECOIL.
Muledeer foundation gun of the year. He is asking 2000.00 $ package lower us. Shipped
kick the tires a little Guys. Let me know what he's gotta do to sell.
E9429983-B1C0-4DE5-B3E6-A5AC131C45C4.jpeg
47C902E5-A8E1-4C3D-9A5B-370B835E7AB7.jpeg
7A5AC26E-D8B8-4707-8E5A-D8EB2AB9DC8F.jpeg
9CD6EE95-336B-4C2F-A6E4-FFA6A745B42A.jpeg
0011798B-7615-4C1D-9E82-3E707EA3337F.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok guys what's it gonna take to get some interest in this sale. So I can talk to my buddy what he needs to do. I'll give his # if u wanna talk to him with interest.

Since you asked, I'll tell you what I think. What you have is a new hot cartridge with a short barrel life. Guys who are willing to buy a rifle that they will be putting a barrel on quickly don't care a bit for that stock and would replace it immediately. Guys who are into beautiful wood don't buy guns with 800rd barrel life. In other words, it's value is basically as a barreled action, so it's probably worth quite a bit less to the guys who will be throwing the stock in a corner and immediately buying a fiberglass stock. I hope this helps. You asked.

Since you asked, I'll tell you what I think. What you have is a new hot cartridge with a short barrel life. Guys who are willing to buy a rifle that they will be putting a barrel on quickly don't care a bit for that stock and would replace it immediately. Guys who are into beautiful wood don't buy guns with 800rd barrel life. In other words, it's value is basically as a barreled action, so it's probably worth quite a bit less to the guys who will be throwing the stock in a corner and immediately buying a fiberglass stock. I hope this helps. You asked.
This is why we all have our own opinions. The stock is what draws me to this rifle. Barrel life means nothing to me when I look at a rifle. Barrels are easily replaced but a nicely figured wood stock rifle is getting harder to find. I definitely wouldn't be "throwing this stock in the corner".
I just keep telling myself I don't need this one.

Last edited:
This is why we all have our own opinions. The stock is what draws me to this rifle. Barrel life means nothing to me when I look at a rifle. Barrels are easily replaced but a nicely figured wood stock rifle is getting harder to find. I definitely wouldn't be "throwing this stock in the corner".
I just keep telling myself I don't need this one.
You are of course correct, everyone is different..

But answer this question for me.....

If he was selling the barreled action by itself for say.... $1,200 and the stock by itself for...... mm $400, would they still be for sale? I say not.

But if he dropped the price of the gun as it sits to $1,600, would you buy it?

For $1,600 you can get an accumark, which is that barreled action exactly in a B&C stock. But together, you have to find someone who wants both. They are out there I'm sure, But more difficult to find. I could be wrong of course, that's just how it hits me..

Fellas I need to apologize. He gave me asking price. I got outta work early and drove an hour to get price on this gun. learned he's way high. I don't want a bad reputation for this. Will not help buddy's here anymore.

Fellas I need to apologize. He gave me asking price. I got outta work early and drove an hour to get price on this gun. learned he's way high. I don't want a bad reputation for this. Will not help buddy's here anymore.
I don't believe anybody is going to hold anything against you here. I'm also not sure the price is that high, it's just a unique rifle. I'm sure Weatherby wanted well over $2k for that rifle new..

its not too high but if your buddy want's 1600 i'll promise to place in the corner of the safe and wait a few years - you never know! :)

I get the unappreciated recoil, i've talked 3 people out of purchasing my accumark i'm selling because it's not for the faint of heart. You should shoot my ultralight! LOL - anyway you need to reach a bigger audience like Gunrboker or Guns International if your selling something like this. a good/decent wood stock weatherby mark v someone wants to sell mid teens i'll buy them all and have them sold before the guns get in my possession. This being a hot cal with small following your gonna have to dangle the carrot long enough someone will bite in the right location. JMO - i collect these things older ones though no one like shooting the 6.5-300's i own so why buy a third! but she's pretty and seems like these things were selling for mid to upper 2's if i'm not mistaken.

jwhitty i have 127grain lrx loaded ammo if your interested