• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby Deluxe Mark V, 270 Wby Mag, "Japan"

thechamp

Have another rifle in mind so something has to go. Selling a very nice Weatherby Deluxe Mark V, 270 Wby that was made in Japan. It's been probably 5+ years since I shot it. It shot really well, under an inch with both the Weatherby 130 Spire Points and the 140 Nosler Ballistic Tips. I did hunt with the rifle a couple of times killing a buck and on another hunt, a doe with it. I've owned it approximately 10 years and other than a couple times out and to the range to sight in the scope it's been a safe queen.

There are a few marks on the gun but I would rate it at 93% or better. The stock has a few mars on it with one small place the finish having rubbed off. That spot is under the bolt and on the top end of the grip area. Very hard to even see it in the picture but it's there.

It has a rub mark under the barrel where it was evidently stored resting on something. Also has some minor little marks on the trap door - tried to get pics of those but they didn't come through well enough to see.

This rifle has the KDF Slimline Muzzle Brake on it. This rifle kicks about like a 243 or less. The brake makes it a dream to shoot. There is also a small scratch under the muzzle brake. (It's been mentioned that this might be an original Wby muzzle brake. Honestly I don't know how to tell the difference but I do know it works very well regardless of what it is!)

Overall the rifle is in very good condition I just want to make sure that the potential buyer knows where the imperfections are because at a glance you might not see them.

The Swarovski 6-18x50 TDS does NOT come with the rifle. However if somebody wants it with the gun I'd take $1,000 for it. I plan on putting it on the 'new rifle' and have been able to find them for around $1,000.

This "Deluxe" was made in Japan and has a great bluing job on it and a very pretty "Weatherby" stock. Always liked the coloring that this stock had.

Asking $1075 plus shipping to your FFL for the rifle, including the bases.

Feel free to contact me if you want more info or additional pics. This gun is not "NIB" but it is very good to excellent shape. And it shoots very well. It is a beautiful gun that you can hunt with!

MarkVHeads003.jpg

MarkVHeads012.jpg

The third pic shows the damage to the finish below the bolt, almost directly above the rear trigger screw. Finish has come off in about a ¼" circle.

MarkVHeads016.jpg

Very minor mars on the fore end cap from the sling and shooting.

MarkVHeads010.jpg

Minor marks on the drop gate.

MarkVHeads015.jpg

Rub mark under barrel between the stock and end of the barrel.

MarkVHeads014.jpg

Scratch under the brake.

Hey Champ,
Do you still have this rifle? It shows to be in good condition. I might be interested.
thanks,
terratracker

Hey Champ,
Do you still have this rifle? It shows to be in good condition. I might be interested.
thanks,
terratracker

Yes I do, and yes it's in excellent condition. I've owned it since 1998 and it's been hunting 2 times. I'll drop you a PM also with my contact info.

Thanks