• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanting Savage 12lrp .260

This rifle seems weird. It seems popular, but depends of the ffl, as to whether they can get it in the .260

Savage 12LRP 260 REM $1,094.00 SHIPS FREE

$1094 on Buds right now shipped to your FFL. You can also "Make an Offer" so not sure how much less they would take.

I just mounted up a 20MOA rail and optic last night on mine and can't wait to get some time behind it and see what groups it prints and how the load development goes!

wolfking15

I wouldn't say this rifle is "weird" but it is different than most. With the no taper 26" barrel, it is forend heavy compared to most any hunting rifle. Being a target rifle it is also a bit more accurate than most but you don't really want to be carrying this thing around. How were you planning to use this rifle?

Engineering101 is on the mark with his comment. It is Not Light and it is most definitely forward heavy. I may add some lead in the rear of the stock to get it to balance a little better. I am sure that the recoil will be nothing as is so I don't want to make it more heavy but it is a bit awkward as is right now.

Oh, I love the look of the rifle. And the performance reviews are great. I don't plan on carrying it much, targets mainly. Thanks for the replies

wolfking15

The LRP is great for targets and even general practice where you aren't carrying a long way. One thing you may not have read in the reviews that makes it great for that purpose - you don't have to stop shooting it to let it cool down. After about 15 shots it gets warm and it just stays there at warm. It never gets hot. This has been true for both mine and a buddies - up to about 80 degrees F which is as warm as we have shot them non stop. We also were not in direct sunlight. The thing I use mine for the most is long range prairie dogs with the 95 grain VMAX - shooting off a bench. The trigger is crazy light unless you adjust it to a stiffer setting which I did. I didn't want to practice with a rifle that was so much different than my hunting rifles.

Engineering, I'm pumped to get one, my cousin and I have some property for some 800 yard shots. I love my .204, but the wind moves it around too much getting up that distance

Recent Posts