• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Wanted: Savage model 12 bolt with magnum boltface

wildcat westerner

Hello,
I am seeking a Savage model 12 bolt with a magnum boltface. Please state the condition of the item you wish to sell me in very specific terms.

Thank You,
WW

Be aware, very easy to buy a standard bolt action and replace the floating head with a Magnum one.

Reactions: elf
I am aware of this. Are you aware that when a magnum boltface is replaced on a bolt with standard boltface, the magnum is longer and the firing [pin will not fire without being altered on a lathe?

I am aware of this. Are you aware that when a magnum boltface is replaced on a bolt with standard boltface, the magnum is longer and the firing [pin will not fire without being altered on a lathe?
I was not aware of this. I was just about to buy a 110 savage action and switch the bolt head to a magnum... I thought that I could just adjust the firing pin extrusion, so this is good to know!

Couldn't you just replace the firing pin?

Last edited:
That's partially true. The ptg short action bolt heads are the same length as the standard bolt heads.

If you go factory bolt head, you will need a new firing pin or you may need to adjust the firing pin, if you have an older adjustable firing pin.

OK, measuring my receiver its length is 5.98 and the port measures 3.01 long. Seems to me that .532 should fit the base of a .300 wsm, correct?

Yes Jefferey, you are indeed addressing Grouse on a site I created since I am looking for a Savage. Electronically its known as poaching.

WW

Recent Posts