• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted: Quality Mountain Rifle in 270WSM , 300 Win Mag or similar

bhtkevin

I am looking for a quality, long range mountain rifle to either buy or trade.

Calibers:
270 WSM
300 WSM
300 Win Mag

Rifle:
Stainless Barrel
Laminate or Synthetic stock

Weight:
Looking for something between 5.5lbs and 7.5lbs.

Brands:
Sako
Kimber
Remington
Custom or other highly accurate guns

Not interested in low or middle end rifles. This has to work every time and in EXTREME conditions and take a pounding while traveling.

I have a lot of various stuff for trade like:
Zeiss Scopes
Sako 85 Laminate in 338 Federal
Remington 700P LTR 223 - Law Enforcement model and extremely accurate
Possible Exotic Hunts or management whitetail (Texas)
Sigma (Canon Mount) 120-300 F2.8 - super sharp sports/wildlife lens
etc..

I can just sell something and buy what I am looking for but thought I would try for some trade action first.

PM or email me at:
email.jpg

Thanks,
Kevin

I should probably mention I am new to this forum but I have a ton of references I can send if that is a worry for anyone.

Kevin, I may know a guy who will sell a Kimber Montana 270WSM. He offered to sell it to me for 900 bucks, but I had already found one.

I was in the same boat 2 years ago. I was looking for a light weight rifle to pack in on my Couse Deer hunts. I ended up buying a new Tikka T3 Lite SS synthetic stock. in .270 WSM. Rifle by itself weighs in at 6.4 lbs. After working up good load for it it has served me extreamly well and you cant beat the price. I believe I paid around $650 brand new.

Just my .02

Speedy.

I was in the same boat 2 years ago. I was looking for a light weight rifle to pack in on my Couse Deer hunts. I ended up buying a new Tikka T3 Lite SS synthetic stock. in .270 WSM. Rifle by itself weighs in at 6.4 lbs. After working up good load for it it has served me extreamly well and you cant beat the price. I believe I paid around $650 brand new.

Just my .02

Speedy.

Thanks, might take a look at this.

Kevin

I was going to have a mountain rifle built but over the winter I had a 280 Rem 700 that I wanted to restock. I bought a Bell And CArlson Thumbhole stock (carbelite). I used devcon for the bedding and with Zeiss conquest 3x9 it weighs 9 pounds on the nose. Very accurate and I decided to spend my build monies on something else. This is my favorite hunting rifle in the stable. And contends as my all time favorite now. Perhaps a bit heavier than your goal...but just only. As far as sturdy and up to the task, I feel it is as tough as anything else I could purchase.

I know of a Remington KS 700 300 Win Mag that's been cryogenically treated.
4-12 varix-ii Leupold and has a brake for $1250
advertised to shoot sub .75"

My hunting buddy just picked up a Sako Finnlight in 300WM.6 3/4 SS.Just working on loads now but most,shot under 1'' and one 5/8.Seems like a nice feeling rifle.Last shot we hit a rock at 735,210 bergers

Recent Posts